View Full Version : Invisible Man Sequels

Damed
01-18-2003, 04:08 AM
The Invisible Man Returns
The Invisible Woman
The Invisible Agent
The Invisible Man's Revenge
Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man

Any word on DVD releases from Universal?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

mutleyhyde
01-18-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm so with you there. It seems most everybody is concerned with the Creature sequels, but I've always loved the Invisible Man series more, getting up feeling like it was Christmas day whenever they would play them Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

But, regrettably, there has been no word of any new Universal releases of their classic monsters line. This Halloween came and went without the series being brought back from moratorium, which a lot of people expected, or at least hoped, nor was there any mention of the series whatsoever. If we see nothing this year, and certainly if we see nothing by next Halloween, it will be heartbreaking indeed. Universal needs to do right by classic horror fans, and if nothing else, at least get the Invisible Man and Creature sequels out.

HailtotheKing
01-19-2003, 01:03 AM
I think A&C Meet the Invisible Man is out on DVD.

*checks Amazon*

Nope, I was thinking of A&C Meet the Mummy. Hopeful the Invisible Man will get released soon.;)

Horrorfan
01-19-2003, 07:38 PM
I love to have A&C meet the Invisible man. The only one of those I have never seen is The Invisible Agent. How is it?

mutleyhyde
01-21-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen Invisible Agent, Horrorfan. The title wasn't familiar to me, but a check with IMDb shows it was indeed a Universal film, and H.G. Wells has writing credits even. I'll have to check that out if I come across it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Damed
01-21-2003, 02:35 PM
The reason that I mention them is that I watched all the special features on "The Invisible Man" disc, and they briefly mention/describe all the sequels. That got me interested, and thusfar I have yet to find ANY info on DVD releases, so I guess we are out of luck. (At least for the foreseeable future)

mutleyhyde
01-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Heh, now I see it was in the list. I passed right by it. :)

mcchrist
01-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I don't think I've seen any of the sequels, lord knows I should have!

Horrorfan
01-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Here is brief plot outling about The Invisible Agent from IMDB.

Frank Raymond, grandson of the original Invisible Man, still has the old formula but considers it too dangerous to use, even when Axis agents try to get it. But Pearl Harbor brings him to volunteer his own services as an invisible agent in Germany. Though a bit cold (clothes aren't invisible), his adventures are more comedy than thriller (with occasional grim reminders) as he makes fools of Nazi officials and romances a luscious double agent, in search of Hitler's secret plan...

Doesn't sound to bad.

BlazingMagnum
01-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Yes! Invisible Man is super cool! The creature was awesome though - nobody can take that away, but he only killed because he was a horny fish who's home had been desecrated by humans! The Invisible Man was a real life mad genius!:banana: :banana: