PDA

View Full Version : Audition Review

DeathDealer
01-19-2003, 08:14 PM
I just saw Audition the first day I got it. SO HAPPY. And knowing me I have wanted to see this since last summer. And this is my run down...

This film has become a classic when the film finshed. The direstor 3/4 of the film made it slow but then burst into to horror. Which was great and he does not stop there. He shows it all. Uncle when you saw the Audition Did you ever see the tougue get inejected becasue I felt maybe it was cut or something. But Anywys He bulids up tense to the great finale. But would you explain a little of the ending for me becasue I am just a little confuesed. The film is so much of a classic I can't tell a real review.

NickyDoyle
01-19-2003, 08:56 PM
Audition is a weird as hell movie, especially that sucker punch ending, but it is a really good movie which focuses a great deal on characterization and atmosphere. I had to watch it a few times to fully understand what was a dream and what was reality, but the movie still shocks and surprises. Without a doubt, this movie deserves a dancing banana.

:banana:

joltaddict
01-20-2003, 04:44 AM
http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9268 Spoilers

life_o_petey
01-20-2003, 04:46 AM
I loved it. When i got it, I hadn't even heard of it, but I was trying to pick between that and Dagon. Buying Audition and renting Dagon was the good choice, me thinks.

shift
01-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Audition,, oh boy what can I say.... Hummm freakin weird, heck very weird. I am glad I rented and not purchased it. It was a good rental,,, but I am glad I did not own it.
I give it :banana: :banana: :banana: out of :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
reason being it did not keep me at the edge of my seat. But the ending had a cool twist. That hoe was wacked!! lol
:lol:

DeathDealer
01-20-2003, 11:17 PM
WHat you mean hoe was wacked.

the.wicked.one
01-21-2003, 12:32 AM
This movie blew me away. I was used to all the asian oddities but the last reel from Audition had me glued to my set. A+

shift
01-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DeathDealer
WHat you mean hoe was wacked.

Realistic term: She was Crazy! :D

marcx
01-21-2003, 02:50 PM
I saw that for the fis time over the weekend. Reaaly effective, unnerving film. good stuff. Cant believe Blockbuster was carrying it!

NickyDoyle
01-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by marcx
I saw that for the fis time over the weekend. Reaaly effective, unnerving film. good stuff. Cant believe Blockbuster was carrying it!

This might be related, but I saw Audition at Hollywood Video, and it was rated R (instead of unrated.) You might have been lucky, though, and rented the uncut movie.