PDA

View Full Version : stage fright(not soavi)1980aka..nightmares

speanroc
01-22-2003, 12:22 AM
has anyone seen this film it stars jenny neumann(hell night)

i think it's about a girl who tries to rescue her mother from
a car accident and in doing so accidently kills her.(slicing her throat,
when trying to pull her through the wind shield).

she later enters an acting work shop where a play is being
performed and she goes nuts a kills people with a huge shard of glass
or something.(and has reoccuring nightmares of her mother's death),
hence the alternate title.

i heard this was pretty gory , but never seen it

has anyone out there seen it?

i believe it was released as "stage fright" in the u.s.(on the media label) and "nightmares"
internationally

Agent Z
01-22-2003, 12:32 AM
Wow! I have never even heard of this....gonna have to do some more searching....

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0081233

betterdan
01-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Rented the vhs about a year ago but fell asleep watching it. The rental place still has it for rent so I might rent it again even though it's on crappy vhs.

zombi3
01-22-2003, 12:53 AM
I rented a movie called Stage Fright many years ago. The cover had a close-up of some freaked out looking blonde chick and a bunch of red rings on it. I don't remember anything about the movie though because it was so long ago.

Fistfuck
01-22-2003, 03:40 AM
Horrible flick. Could not hold my interest.

STREET TRASH
01-22-2003, 10:28 PM
I rented this sleazy little slasher film YEARS ago originally thinking I'd be in for Michele Soavi's late '80s Italian slash-fest. This 1980 New Zealand slasher was in fact placed mistakenly inside the box of Soavi's film (The old Imperial VHS with the owl on the cover staring menacingly down at you.) So... when I got home I was disappointed, naturally. I watched anyway, and from what I remember it was OK. Some really nasty, bloody kills via huge shards of glass. I'd like to see it again.

STREET TRASH
01-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Oh, and I believe the label that released it in the US. is VidAmerica, under the "Stage Fright" monicker.

Justin Kerswell
01-23-2003, 12:52 AM
This film was also called NIGHTMARES (at least in the UK). Beware, though, there's a very graphic cut of the film (with glass shard murders aplenty), and a much less graphic censored cut out (with whole scenes missing!).

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a review of the film on my old site:

http://www.south-over.demon.co.uk/Hysteria/nightmares.html

Richard Anthony
01-23-2003, 02:36 AM
STAGE FRIGHT is one of my favorites, after years of searching, I finally found it at a used video sale. I own the STAGE FRIGHT VHS on the old VidAmerica label, and the film has some good moments, and some gory death scenes.

I love Jenny Neumann(HELL NIGHT), she is beautiful, and it's great to see her as the leading lady in the film, it's worth searching for if you're a fan of 80's Slasher films.

mcchrist
01-23-2003, 05:51 AM
I think I remember this one.

Fistfuck
01-23-2003, 04:28 PM
That's good, mcchrist.