PDA

View Full Version : Shogun Assassin

robman795
01-22-2003, 08:50 AM
Hey guys,
I just saw this flick my dvd finally arrived today. As many of you know this film is the best parts of lone wolf and cub 1 and 2. Its also dubbed and the soundtrack is re-done. Sadly this flick was put out on DVD by Vipco. The picture q. sucks ass as do most of vipco's releases. The film itself is great tons of violence. Heads being cut off here and there and tons of limbs being cut off. The violence is very over the top almost like story of ricky type of violence. I recomend watching part 1 of Lone wolf and cub to first so you get to see alittle more back story and plot. Becuase as I said Shogun is just the best parts of 1 and 2 cut together. So the stuff that they put in Shogun is mostly just killings so you lose alot of plot and character devolpment. I also recomend that everbody out there picks up all 6 movies and Shogun Assassin thats what I did. The flicks are samurai classics.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
01-22-2003, 08:10 PM
I love the Lone Wolf and Cub series!

Great fight scenes and some absolutely Incredible Violence :D

Is the entire series out on DVD? Or just Shogun Assassin?

DefJeff
01-22-2003, 08:11 PM
pretty sure they are gonna be on ntsc region 1 dvd starting the end of Feb or sometime soon after that

Zodiac-Mindwarp
01-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the great news Jeff!

Another movie set to change from Laserdisc to DVD :D

robman795
01-22-2003, 09:35 PM
All the movies are also out on UK disks sadly the pciture q. is way to dark on the dvds.

Agent Z
05-23-2003, 09:25 AM
For more info on the release dates of the LONE WOLF AND CUB series:

http://www.animeigo.com/samurai/lwc.t

mcchrist
05-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, I'm just glad their making an appearance on DVD. This series rules in so many fucking ways. I'll end up getting all 6, plus Shogun Assassin at some point. On another note, aren't there a few other Baby Cart movies that were made. I'm pretty sure I saw one a while back that was different than the main 6. It was made in the 80's, it looked like an asian TV movie. All I remember was that it wasn't that good.

ekent
05-23-2003, 03:06 PM
mcchrist - they made a series out of it, that is probably what you saw, although I have never seen it personally. They had 3 seasons I think.

KillSwitch
05-23-2003, 08:28 PM
I love that scene in the first lone wolf and cub where the two guys run at each other, and lone wolf cuts the guys head off when he ducks and the sun blinds him. I love that! The slow mo blood spraying, the setting sun in the background! :)

Nick

mcchrist
05-23-2003, 11:53 PM
mcchrist - they made a series out of it, that is probably what you saw, although I have never seen it personally. They had 3 seasons I think.

That may have been it. It was on an American VHS though and full-length, but I remember it ending on a cliffhanger or something. So it may have been the pilot or something. It certainly wasn't part of the original 6.

On another note, did any of you hear that Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, for those that don't know) is looking to pick up Lone Wolf and Cub as a possible upcoming project?

ARONOFSKY WANTS LONE WOLF & CUB
At a recent Q&A at UC Berkeley, director Darren Aronofsky announced that he is pursuing the US film rights to LONE WOLF AND CUB. The classic manga by Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima was first published in 1970 and has been adapted numerous times to film and television in Japan. It is currently available as a series of collections from Dark Horse Comics. Aronofsky directed the films PI and REQUIEM FOR A DREAM and has been attached off-and-on to Warners planned BATMAN movie. Source: Aint-It-Cool-News

http://www.henshinonline.com/front.html

rxfiend had posted that link in regards to the Gamera 4 (fan film), but the Aronofsky news was on there too. Personally, the thought of what that man could do to Lone Wolf and Cub is making me drool a bit.