PDA

View Full Version : Universal Double Features

Beastus
01-23-2003, 09:50 PM
The Universal double feature DVDs (mostly sequels to the classic monster collection) has been OOP for a little while (and goes for around $35-40 on eBay). Anyone knows if Universal will re-release them anytime soon (maybe with a lover MSRP)?

Damed
01-23-2003, 11:17 PM
We are all wishing.. but I think we will see the ones that have not been released at all (Creature and Invisible man sequels, for example) before we see re-releases of ones OOP. (just my opinion)

No one (as far as I know) has heard anything current about any Universal Classic Horror pictures being released in the forseeable future.

Horrorfan
01-25-2003, 07:38 PM
I had them all at one time but sold werewolf of london and Dracula's daughter. I haveall my favs so im happy.

dwatts
01-25-2003, 08:02 PM
I wonder if there is a chance they're get them R1? They just got the Universal Monster discs....

SteveG
01-30-2003, 02:23 AM
I'm still waiting for the Creature sequels....patiently waiting...dammit

marioscido
01-30-2003, 08:16 AM
I really want to get "Werewolf of London" ! Some months ago I had it in my hands, and ended up not getting it. Now I regret it...

gojira69
10-08-2004, 06:46 AM
Where can I see a full listing of the Universal double DVDs to date?

BobB

Erick H.
10-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Didn't they fold some of those titles into the new LEGACY box sets ? Of course,if you're looking for these as a collectable I guess that wouldn't help you .

dwatts
10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
All of the movies that were on the double bills are in the new sets. However, the packaging on them was far better, imo.

Anyway, the sets were:

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man/House of Frankenstein
The Ghost of Frankenstein?Son of Frankenstien
Dracula's Daughter/Son of Dracula
Werewolf of London/She-Wolf of London
The Mummy's Hand/The Mummy's Tomb
The Mummy's Ghost/The Mummy's Curse

gojira69
10-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Is this line (Universal Monster Double Features) finished? Seems like all six are OOP so its hard to imagine them adding more titles to it.

dwatts
10-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Yeah - I can't imagine they'd go back to this format, we have to put up with the ugly green things I'm afraid.

gojira69
10-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Yeah - I can't imagine they'd go back to this format, we have to put up with the ugly green things I'm afraid.

Oh well, too bad. I liked the format.

Since you posted the list of what had been put out I've been able to pick them all up except fo Ghost of Frankenstein/Son of Frankenstein for $10 -$12 each!

dwatts
10-24-2004, 05:08 AM
I own them all too ;)

Damed
10-25-2004, 12:28 AM
I own them all too ;)

As do I.

I still refuse to buy the Dracula Legacy set *just* for House of Dracula though. That pisses me off to no end.

I picked up the Creature and Invisible man sets as none of the sequels were available before on R1 DVD

dwatts
10-25-2004, 03:51 AM
I did, just for House of Dracula. I don't know if this helps, but I'm not sure I'm pleased I did. It's quite awful. Sure, you can laugh at it, but trust me, you're not missing much, it is easily one of the weaker Universal horrors.

Alexander
10-25-2004, 06:47 AM
I bought the Legacy Collection box set (preorder) and sold the old ones at Ebay when they were still darn expensive. It was a good purchase, I donīt regret it.

gojira69
10-25-2004, 06:56 AM
Anyone other than me not like the bland monochrome packaging on the Legacy Collection?

BobB

Alexander
10-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Anyone other than me not like the bland monochrome packaging on the Legacy Collection?

I was just... unimpressed.

zombiexfan
11-02-2004, 05:39 AM
they are all great , to kick back and watch on a dark and rainy night

dwatts
11-02-2004, 02:06 PM
--Anyone other than me not like the bland monochrome packaging on the Legacy Collection?--

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, they covers are horrid. Other have said they like them, which I put down to yet another mystery in the universe that will never get solved. Members complain if they don't get theatrical art, but then when it comes to Universal features, metallic green headshots - looking very much like the posters for those teen horror flicks - are okay.

:rolleyes:

Horrorfan
11-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I really enjoy them. I think it gives the Universal Monsters there due on dvd. They stand out on the shelf and you can't argue about the bargain your getting when you buy them. I own them all.

Alexander
11-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Obiously I do prefer the old art, with the gorgeous poster art. But my DVDs are usually placed spine-to-the-front, and itīs not like I keep looking at and masturbating to the cover of my DVDs.

gojira69
11-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Obiously I do prefer the old art, with the gorgeous poster art. But my DVDs are usually placed spine-to-the-front, and itīs not like I keep looking at and masturbating to the cover of my DVDs.

I do! :freak:

dwatts
11-02-2004, 04:36 PM
--and itīs not like I keep looking at and masturbating to the cover of my DVDs.--

Yes, DVD cover art is complete nonsense and I don't know why they bother. It should all be blank for that matter. Although, I don't know what people whom like to have sex with their DVD covers will do in the future :rolleyes: