PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead Trap 2

moogong
01-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Does anybody know if there is an online retailer selling Evil Dead Trap 2? It suppose to come out tomorrow but I cannot find a listing for it anywhere. Was it pushed back?

KillerCannabis
02-01-2003, 09:08 PM
I havent seen it anywhere either and it was supposed to come out on Tues. I have a feeling it was pushed back, although if thats the case where was it announced and whats the new date?

moogong
02-02-2003, 04:30 PM
I've checked every e-tailer and retailer and can't find it anywhere. Damn that pisses me off:fire:

SaviniFan
07-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Anyone have opinions on this one? I keep picking it up at the store but I'd like an opinion or two from here on this before I make a blind buy on it.

broadwayrock
07-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I thought it was an average film.

Very bloody and gorey, senseless plot and nothing whatsoever to do with the first Evil Dead Trap. I think they just named the film EDT2 to get fans of the first one interested.

If you want gore then get it. But dont expect the Argento influence of the first film to be present.

Deaddevilman
07-17-2004, 11:56 PM
I can't stress how much you should avoid this film at all costs. Maybe if you can get it for $5 it might be worth it. A total piece of shit. At the very least they could have cast a better/slimmer female in the lead role. The only way this film can be any good is if the people doing the English subtitles wrote a completely different movie from the Japanese version. Shit.. shit.. shit... and not the type I like:)

RFinterference
07-18-2004, 11:58 AM
I thought this movie was really good. I love horror movies, but they rarely scare me or creep me out, even good ones. This one did :nervous:

Blade
07-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I can't stress how much you should avoid this film at all costs. Maybe if you can get it for $5 it might be worth it. A total piece of shit. At the very least they could have cast a better/slimmer female in the lead role. The only way this film can be any good is if the people doing the English subtitles wrote a completely different movie from the Japanese version. Shit.. shit.. shit... and not the type I like:)

Agreed! I got rid of this stinker quickly after I watched it. And how can anybody find this scary? :eek2:

SaviniFan
07-18-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm gonna trust Deaddevilman's judgement as the man knows his Asian stuff! Thanks for saving me from a potentialy crappy purchase. :)

RFinterference
07-18-2004, 11:54 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mutleyhyde
07-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Well, that's enough of that. Banned mofo.

Gnaghi
07-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Well, that's enough of that. Banned mofo.

hey, he didn't deserve that! i mean he did like evil dead trap 2 ;)

dwatts
07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I rewatched this last night. In fact, I did a double bill of the two Evil Dead Trap films back to back. Then I cam and read the rather threadbare posting here (lots of threads on this one, and each with very few posts).

Anyway, it was an interesting viewing experience. With regard Evil Dead Trap 2 specifically, I think it's an amazingly good film and eminently watchable. Some of the comments above are a little surprising too.

Firstly, the claim that this has nothing to do with the first film is obviously incorrect. In fact, the finale repeats an exact sequence - if it wasn't obvious before. Hideki is is both, and plays the same role. He's visible here, as opposed to ghostly in the first film, but it's clearly the same story being continued.

Then the comment "at the very least they could have cast a better/slimmer female in the lead role" seems rather odd. Why must all female actors be pretty and slim? The performance here was certainly good enough, and she acted as a foil for her pretty slim and more successful school friend - which was the point, wasn't it?

Aside from that, there are some terrific scenes, such as the twicthing body of the schoolgirl, fully in view of the children nearby, but the sound was cancelled out by the rain and their umbrella's - the run across the huge neon signs - and the finale is really terrific (with tons of blood and gore). So much to like.

Like the first film, the filmmaker aded some visual flourishes which I enjoyed, the use of lighting was great - albeit dulled by a rotten DVD transfer (I have the Japan Shock version).

I'll post about Evil Dead Trap in the respective thread. However, of the two, THIS is the better film, imo. The first film goes totally off the rails after we are exposed to the killer. I laughed at a couple bits. Not to say it's bad, just that this one was more enjoyable.

This is an old thread - I'd love to grab another copy of this film if a decent transfer ever came out.