PDA

View Full Version : Daimajin box, 16:9?

Azathoth
02-01-2003, 10:41 AM
I was thinking of getting the R1 Daimajin box set, and I noticed that it was presented in widescreen. Anyone know if its anamorphic?

mcchrist
02-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Those are great flicks, but I haven't picked up the discs yet so I can't tell you much more than that.

ephilman
02-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Letterboxed - yes. Anamorphic - no. They look just like the vhs tapes issued by the same company a couple years ago. Still, smaller shelf space.

X-human
09-16-2005, 06:23 AM
I did a search to see if this had been mentioned already, but it looks like it's only been mentioned in a thread of a different subject so I think this thread is as good as any to bring post this in:

Does anyone know if ADV Films has any plans to re-release the boxset with the new anamorphic prints? They've released all the films on single disc anamorphic, I can only assume they eventually will but them in a set once the old boxsets are all snatched up.

youthief
09-16-2005, 08:21 PM
delete

SamuraiNut
09-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, part 1 looks great. I passed on part 2 after I heard about this issue. I never heard if part 3 was correct, but thanks for the info. It's funny that I used to see the "remastered" part 2 at Best Buy. Now they only have 1 and 3. I was hoping ADV did a recall, but I guess not. Too bad as I really love these movies and sold my boxset.

X-human
09-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Urge to kill... Rising...

BTW, can you tell if the new remasterings have the original opening titles or if they're the sames as the ones on the boxset?