Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   Euro Horror (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My trip to Profondo Rosso shop (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=19034)

marcx 05-24-2004 05:09 AM

My trip to Profondo Rosso shop

SO I just got back to NYC from vacation in italy. Of course I went to Darios shop. I had a lovely long talk with Luigi Cozzi1 He was so friendly. He mentioned that Il Cartaio was originally intended fro TV--interesting. Explains the reposrts Im hearing on the lack of bloodletting. He aslo said Dario should start work on the third "mother" film in july or so...UNBELIEVABLE!!! He was very thankful of my kind words for Contamination. He also mentionted that we are no closer to a 4 flies DVD as the rifghts are in a jumble--damn!

Anyway it was a delightful visit! The basement museum was small but fun! And I pick up a Prof. Rosso. shirt, and italina F13th shirt, An Agrento book written by Cozzi which he signed for me, hte Demons soundtack cd, and an Aenigma import DVd ( I know its available locally but it was fairly cheap and Ive been meaning to pick up a copy...) I was surpriesed at the unexcititng DVD selection but the conversation with Cozzi more than made up for it!

On a semi-relatednote I picked up the spanish film the nameless in a regular DVD shop in italy. havent watched it yet....

dwatts 05-24-2004 05:11 AM

I'd really enjoy a description of the inside of the place. Did they sell the Medusa DVD's of Dario's films? Any unique Dario merchandise?

killit 05-24-2004 05:38 AM

Dude!!! all that info is way cool! I really wanna see cozzi's black cat

Andrew 05-24-2004 06:36 AM

That's awesome, one of my goals before graduating from high school is to go to Italy. This shop is towards the top of my list. Cozzi sounds like a cool guy, glad you had a good time.

Jason25 05-24-2004 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcx
SO I just got back to NYC from vacation in italy. Of course I went to Darios shop. I had a lovely long talk with Luigi Cozzi1 He was so friendly. He mentioned that Il Cartaio was originally intended fro TV--interesting. Explains the reposrts Im hearing on the lack of bloodletting. He aslo said Dario should start work on the third "mother" film in july or so...UNBELIEVABLE!!! He was very thankful of my kind words for Contamination. He also mentionted that we are no closer to a 4 flies DVD as the rifghts are in a jumble--damn!

Anyway it was a delightful visit! The basement museum was small but fun! And I pick up a Prof. Rosso. shirt, and italina F13th shirt, An Agrento book written by Cozzi which he signed for me, hte Demons soundtack cd, and an Aenigma import DVd ( I know its available locally but it was fairly cheap and Ive been meaning to pick up a copy...) I was surpriesed at the unexcititng DVD selection but the conversation with Cozzi more than made up for it!

On a semi-relatednote I picked up the spanish film the nameless in a regular DVD shop in italy. havent watched it yet....

Awesome! Sounds like it was a blast, glad you had fun.

marcx 05-24-2004 03:31 PM

Thanks guys--it was fun!

to be honest the shop itself has a lot of american horror memoribilai--you know neca and mcfarlane type stuff, underworld figures stuff like that. They do have a cool line of books-most in italian but some liek the one I got where in english. The DVD colelction was small and none too impressive. Lets put it this way I was telling Cozzi how I enjoyed the Doorway to Darkness DVD and he said they dont even have it there!

the museum under the store in the basement has a scene from deomns, opera,phenomena and so other weird stuff like an autopsy of an alien and freddy fighting darth vader????

I have some cool pictures--Id be willing to scan them and post them if someone tells me how--

Im back at work right now but I could do it tonight....

Shannafey 05-24-2004 03:43 PM

That sounds so cool! Where is it in Italy?

dwatts 05-24-2004 05:06 PM

Someone tell him how!

marcx 05-24-2004 05:19 PM

Shannafey it is in Rome.

http://www.profondorossostore.com/

Shannafey 05-24-2004 06:16 PM

Thank You!

Crystal Plumage 05-24-2004 08:53 PM

I went to Forbidden Planet in London when we were there for our holiday a couple of years ago:
Forbidden Planet

71/73 New Oxford Street,

LONDON, WC1A 1DG

Phone: 020 7420 3666

Fax: 020 7240 711

It's the store which inspired Argento and Cozzi to start their Profondo Rosso store in Rome. I really need to go to Rome now!

marcx 05-24-2004 09:09 PM

You really need to go to Rome anyway! Besides the shop--Rome is amazing!!!!! I fell in love witht he city of ROMA!

dwatts 05-24-2004 10:24 PM

--I went to Forbidden Planet in London--

Heh heh. I go there every couple of months. They recently moved from New Oxford Street - bigger store now. Nice place.

The Chaostar 05-26-2004 12:29 PM

Via Dei Grachi I think...
Yeah, Profondo Rosso is cool
The first time I visited it, I had the chance to meet Alan Jones. Cool guy by the way.

Haven't visited the shop for 4 years...

marcx 05-26-2004 04:01 PM

Ims tillw aiting for someone to tell me how to post the pics...oh well...