Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Amazon.com sucks thread (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=27941)

rp108 12-23-2005 06:06 PM

Amazon.com sucks thread

Of course a month ago I had to gloat and say I had no problems w/ this company, should have saw this bullshit coming. I knew I was cutting it close by ordering Christmas presents on the 12/15 but Amazon was always fast. 7 items were in "soon to ship" for days.

Finally I called them on the 21st and asked them what is going on. They told me that 2 of the items were out of stock. They had no intentions of telling me. So I said fine cancel those 2 and ship the rest. They said they would overnight it at no additional charge and they would be here by the 23rd. I was a happy camper.

Here it is Friday the 23rd and now it says they won't get here until January 3rd!!! I told them to cancel the order and now they say it can't be canceled because it is in the shipping process. Bullshit!!!!!

Hey amazon.com :fuck:

Number Six 12-23-2005 06:22 PM

Sorry to hear that. I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon. Hell, if I import from Amazon UK I usually get it within a week.

Mortis 12-23-2005 06:27 PM

Are you going by the estimate on their site or by the tracking number?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp108
Here it is Friday the 23rd and now it says they won't get here until January 3rd!!! I told them to cancel the order and now they say it can't be canceled because it is in the shipping process. Bullshit!!!!!

rp108 12-23-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortis
Are you going by the estimate on their site or by the tracking number?

There is no tracking number. It says delivery estimate 12/29 to 1/3 but this is after they told me they would overnight it on 12/21.

edit: don't mean to sound like a dick but man I am pissed at them.

Crystal Plumage 12-23-2005 07:06 PM

Amazon is cool IMO.Great customer service.

onebyone 12-23-2005 07:11 PM

I don't know what happened with your order, but they have bent over backwards to get my items to me in time for Christmas. Also, even with super saver shipping, every last thing they shipped me lately came with a tracking number. I had one item that wasn't in stock, but they told me about it and sent me the other item UPS 2 day. This has been the best Christmas I have had using them.

rp108 12-23-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebyone
I don't know what happened with your order, but they have bent over backwards to get my items to me in time for Christmas. Also, even with super saver shipping, every last thing they shipped me lately came with a tracking number. I had one item that wasn't in stock, but they told me about it and sent me the other item UPS 2 day. This has been the best Christmas I have had using them.

must be nice

Golgo13 12-23-2005 07:23 PM

YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!!

But seriously, Amazon kicks major ass. I can't wait till Googlezon is announced.

rp108 12-23-2005 07:26 PM

Whats funny about this thread is everyone is now raving about them but a month ago when they sold out of Suspiria people were mad and I was defending amazon.

Mortis 12-23-2005 07:37 PM

Like onebyone said, the stuff I've ordered with free shipping has always had a tracking number. Overnight shipping should surely have a tracking number. If it's not listed, call them and get it so you can see where your shit is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp108
There is no tracking number. It says delivery estimate 12/29 to 1/3 but this is after they told me they would overnight it on 12/21.

DefJeff 12-23-2005 07:40 PM

I don't really use them much, but the times I have amazon has been great for me. Guess you should've hocked those bootlegs of yours on ebay a bit earlier, then amazon would've had some buffer time.

Golgo13 12-23-2005 07:44 PM

Oh Snaps! In Your Face Rp108!

maskull 12-23-2005 07:47 PM

I have yet to purchase a single thing from Amazon :eek1:

I've admitted it. Don't laugh.

Seriously though, I have a huge wishlist and do plan to order a couple of things once I get some money to spend.

Dilmo 12-23-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage
Amazon is cool IMO.Great customer service.

Thank you. I'm a 5 Star seller there. :D

Myron Breck 12-23-2005 08:48 PM

I have spent well over $30,000 on DVDs through Amazon, they've been my #1 place to purchase for many years. The only "beef" I have with them (and this is a recent development) is their policy that gives you only 5 Lifetime Refunds if you get screwed on a deal from a third party. They say it's a "guaranteed" purchase. I ALWAYS check out feedback before I buy from someone but over the past year I've had 3 instances where they had great ratings when I bought but when I check it again...me and 60 other folks have left 1:5 ratings for non-shipped products. If it is so obvious that they have an evil Seller on hand, why should I be penalized later? I mean, I'm grateful when I get my refund (it's better than EBay) but knowing that I just got ripped off again and that I only have one more chance to get my money back FOR LIFE kind of bothers me.
I guess I'll have to use a new name on there????
I'm a 5-star Seller as well. Too bad that doesn't get you an extra chance! :)
But as far as the service for the company itself: Fucking Stellar.