Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any Code Red release updates? (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=35135)

gore 10-18-2007 10:41 PM

Any Code Red release updates?

I thought there were some posts about some slashers; sweet sixteen, nightmare, mutilator etc. Any news on these?

fceurich39 10-18-2007 11:09 PM

i want to know when nightmare is going to be released damn it i read on their blog the dvd extras are finished or about done a while back

rhett 10-18-2007 11:39 PM

Received an email from them yesterday, here's the latest scoop:

Hi Rhett,

hopefully in a week or two, we should have some announcement on not only us signing with a new distributor, but as well as dates for alot of our titles, as we are planning a complete schedule for the entire 2008, starting with February. Will let you know ASAP.

Glad to see they are still alive, even if their relationship with Shriek Show never panned out. I wonder if they'll keep the numbers on the spine?

deplop cinema 10-18-2007 11:45 PM

holy shit nightmare on dvd. that would be heavenly. bout damn time.

17thJuggalo 10-18-2007 11:52 PM

I think Code Red does a fine job with their releases, and hopefully they can get a worthwhile distributor.

Remember when they used to post on this site? Wait, nevermind. :lol:

HAEMORRHAGE 10-19-2007 12:12 AM

I was just wondering about this myself. Just got Don't Go in the Woods Alone in the mail just the other day.

HAEMORRHAGE 10-19-2007 12:15 AM

Forgot to mention, I'm really anticipating the release of Forced Entry by them.

X-human 10-19-2007 12:15 AM

Media Blasters doesn't have a good reputation as a distributor, so I'm glad they left. I believe Code Red had to hold back on the more extreme stuff with MB didn't they? Hopefully whomever they end up with will give them a better sand box to play in.

I've had my own run in with MB, where they face to face lied to me about 2019: After the Fall of New York. Combine that with their bad transfers, poor customer services, release delays and overall bad quality control (cover art with misspellings, faulty specs, etc.) I've learned to stay away from them.

fceurich39 10-19-2007 01:06 AM

wonder who the new distributor is???

Katatonia 10-19-2007 05:51 AM

I sure hope they release a ton more titles, as all of their debut DVD's were quite nice. I'm rather glad they left Media Blasters even if it means a wait, as they always screw something up!

Ptflea2 10-19-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-human (Post 512678)
Media Blasters doesn't have a good reputation as a distributor, so I'm glad they left. I believe Code Red had to hold back on the more extreme stuff with MB didn't they? Hopefully whomever they end up with will give them a better sand box to play in.

I've had my own run in with MB, where they face to face lied to me about 2019: After the Fall of New York. Combine that with their bad transfers, poor customer services, release delays and overall bad quality control (cover art with misspellings, faulty specs, etc.) I've learned to stay away from them.

What did they lie to you about in reguards to 2019: After the Fall of New York?

Katatonia 10-19-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ptflea2 (Post 512774)
What did they lie to you about in reguards to 2019: After the Fall of New York?

The disc was originally released with an audio commentary, but was then reissued without it. Some legal tangle came up regarding the commentary, or what was said in it.

Hellbilly 10-19-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katatonia (Post 512808)
The disc was originally released with an audio commentary, but was then reissued without it. Some legal tangle came up regarding the commentary, or what was said in it.

My copy has the commentary but I still haven't checked it out. I should though, one of these days ...

X-human 10-19-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Yes, and when I talked with a rep about it at a convention he said there never was a commentary and that I must be thinking of another DVD they put out which still had its commentary. :eek2:

This guy talked down to me about something he had no idea about when he entirely should and even if he didn't know could easily have asked another Media Blaster staff member at the booth who would probably know. Simply put they couldn't care less about their product or their customers.

Agent Z 10-19-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

If you do a search on past threads, you can see what killed the commentary.

The track itself isn't one of the most loved, that's for sure.