Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Severin's Expose AKA House on Straw Hill (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=37949)

old-boo-radley 12-01-2008 10:16 AM

Severin's Expose AKA House on Straw Hill

Severin acquire British "Video Nasty" Exposť!

Continuing our obsession with video nasties, Severin has acquired the rights to James Kenelm Clarke's EXPOS… aka THE HOUSE ON STRAW HILL. The film stars Euro-cult legend Udo Kier (BLOOD FOR DRACULA; SUSPIRIA; MARK OF THE DEVIL), Linda Hayden (BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW; TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA) and British 70s sex Goddess Fiona Richmond. A new High Definition transfer is in the works from the original uncut negative. Extras for the disc will include a commentary and making of featurette.

More details to follow.
------

Them's my boys!

Katatonia 12-01-2008 10:33 AM

Sweet news!!! :)

eric_angelus 12-01-2008 12:08 PM

Excellent...this is what I voted for in the '76 poll...I have always really liked this sick little movie.

Buddusky 12-01-2008 01:29 PM

This is good news. :)

Rockmjd 12-01-2008 03:12 PM

About time!

delicreep 12-01-2008 05:17 PM

This title was first announced by Barrel several years ago, and is still listed as a Future Release on their website. Since Barrel hasn't updated their News in over 4 years, I think it's safe to assume that they've let House on Straw Hill go.

Fine by me. My only regret is that Severin doesn't have the history of jam-packed DVD's that Barrel did. Not that I can see into the future and know what's in store through Severin...

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this DVD.

Mutilated Prey 12-01-2008 05:23 PM

Nice dood.

satans-sadists 12-01-2008 06:39 PM

I've been wanting to see this for a long time. Great news and thanks for sharing!

fceurich39 12-01-2008 07:28 PM

just got the new world vhs a month back for 5 bucks i would gladly double dip though

WesReviews 12-03-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicreep (Post 568274)
This title was first announced by Barrel several years ago, and is still listed as a Future Release on their website.

I think Barrel is out of business. Their disc of Last House on Dead End Street has been out of print for a little while now.

Shame. They really had promise. :(

delicreep 12-03-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WesReviews (Post 568566)
I think Barrel is out of business. Their disc of Last House on Dead End Street has been out of print for a little while now.

Shame. They really had promise. :(

Most of their titles are still in print. No way to tell if it's old stock or not. There was a thread several months ago about Barrel's apparent demise: no DVD news for over a year, and then their website had disappeared. Within a week of the thread posting, and a few posts on the IMDB, the website was back up. However, there have been no updates.

That, coupled with Severin taking over the rights to Expose, brings up questions about Barrel's solvency again. After a few unanswered emails to them over the past few years, I gave up trying to find out about their upcoming releases.

Maybe other folks had better luck with them. And, it is a shame since their DVD's were some of the best.

Mutilated Prey 11-27-2010 08:03 PM

Just got around to watching this and really enjoyed it. What's the latest on the proposed DVD release?

bruce h 11-28-2010 05:33 PM

There are some elements problems -- the original negative is unusable, and the only 35mm print that anyone's been able to locate is cut. An uncut 1" master tape has been located, so a composite can be made, but the last I heard they're still scouring for actual film elements before resorting to that.

Mutilated Prey 11-28-2010 07:14 PM

Ah, thanks for the update bruce!

eric_angelus 11-28-2010 07:42 PM

Been wondering about this one myself. Thanks for the update!