Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nightbreed Extended Cut (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=39029)

Zombie Dude 06-01-2009 07:03 AM

Nightbreed Extended Cut

Well it seems that we may actually see an extended cut of Nightbreed, but we have to show just how many fans this has by emailing

philandsarah@clivebarker.info

Just your name or screen name is fine but please feel free to add your country of residence and / or a sentence or two on why this would be a great idea.

link: http://fangoria.com/home/news/16-dvd...ctors-cut.html

inkmachine 06-01-2009 09:42 AM

FINALLY!!!! Already sent my e-mail of support.

Zombie Dude 06-01-2009 09:48 AM

Here's hoping for a good result from the public. I'd hate for it to never see the light of day.

DeathDealer 06-01-2009 10:12 AM

How was this one?

I really didn't like Lord of Illusions that much, but felt Hellraiser, Midnight Meat Train, and Candyman to be fantastic.

Zombie Dude 06-01-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathDealer (Post 595474)
How was this one?

I really didn't like Lord of Illusions that much, but felt Hellraiser, Midnight Meat Train, and Candyman to be fantastic.

It's more a fantasy film than horror. It's different and a lot better than Lord of Illusions which I didn't like at all.

adric 06-01-2009 01:10 PM

cronenberg was creepy as fuck

Zombie Dude 06-01-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adric (Post 595481)
cronenberg was creepy as fuck

Best character of the film IMO.

fceurich39 06-01-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 595483)
Best character of the film IMO.

agreed i wish a sequel would of been made with him

anyway i sent an email i remember first reading about this years ago atleast we know now the footage is found anyway

Alan Smithee 06-01-2009 05:12 PM

I'm all over this if it actually happens.

Slackjaw83 06-01-2009 05:22 PM

While I'd love for this to happen, I never believe that internet petitions do all that much.

Still, if this is released, I'll pick it up straight away.

fceurich39 06-01-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slackjaw83 (Post 595505)
While I'd love for this to happen, I never believe that internet petitions do all that much.

Still, if this is released, I'll pick it up straight away.

i dunno 2009 has been a good year
night of the creeps finally coming to dvd october 20th
friday the 13th movies are getting all special editions with part 1 uncut

and more importantly lionsgate listened us and petition it had and gave us my bloody valentine uncut when they were just going to have the uncut scenes as a dvd extra and not in the movier

bigdaddyhorse 06-01-2009 06:19 PM

Like I told them in my email, I want this film but refuse to settle for the bare-bones existing dvd, esp. with rumors of a director's cut circulating every year or so and the quality of Clive's other films dvd releases.
My Bloody Valentine petition may've worked or helped, so I happily sent my email in. Think I'll send another from my alternate email.

Zillamon51 06-01-2009 06:33 PM

I fired one off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ME
I saw the article on Fangoria.com about the possibility of an extended director's cut of Nightbreed. I'd like to vote for it. I enjoy the film (especially Cronenberg's performance and the menagerie of creatures), but it does seem to be missing that elusive "something" that would take it from a film curiosity to a true cult classic. I understand the studio may not be eager to re-release it immediately, but eventually the film will come out on Blu-ray. That would be the time to do it justice with a definitive special edition release including both cuts of the movie and as many extras as possible.

Slackjaw83 06-01-2009 07:26 PM

The issue is that even Barker himself said that the movie, as it exists in the theatrical cut, "doesn't really make sense and work as a piece". He's mentioned in several interviews that there's 30-50 minutes (if memory serves) of the flik that will fill in the gaps and allow the piece to flow a bit more seamlessly.

I personally assumed that Barker's back catalog of films would be re-released around the time the Hellraiser remake comes around. Obviously, that's just assumption, but i was basing it on things like the recent "special edition" re-releases of the first Friday and MVB earlier this year.

BoredSeal 06-01-2009 09:01 PM

I added my support. I hope they will release new cut, Christopher Young can still add some additional music, they can record Barker´s commentary and I want to see the interview where Clive explains why he chose Cronenberg to play such perfect role and where David Cronenberg tells how he enjoyed to play cold killer :) Yeah!