Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Elvira's Movie Macabre series to return fall 2010 (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=40961)

mclay18 06-21-2010 09:08 PM

Elvira's Movie Macabre series to return fall 2010

On Elvira's MySpace page, she announced that "Elvira's Movie Macabre" series will return this fall with brand-new episodes. The show's syndicated, so times and channels will vary depending on the markets.

SOURCE: Shock Till You Drop.

So which movies do you think Elvira will rip next?

Spit 06-22-2010 12:13 AM

Wow...Peterson is getting pretty old for this isn't she? I wonder if she will actually be on the show. Wasn't there some game show that picked a new girl to be 'Elvira' a few years back?

KGBRadioMoskow 06-22-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spit (Post 643304)
Wow...Peterson is getting pretty old for this isn't she?

58, and while not bad looking for that age, definitely well past her prime. I've no doubt she's still got the right attitude for the role, but IMO it could easily be a case of "spirit is willing but the flesh is arthritic".

I could see a bit of character re-invention that would justify a role for her (even leading) in such a show, but stepping into the old cleavage display act would indeed be a fright fest.

X-human 06-22-2010 02:44 AM

She's always worn a pound of make up and just sat on a couch, she can probably get away with it for another 10 years. Maybe more.

I'll check it out. I'm an admitted sucker for her.

mclay18 06-22-2010 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KGBRadioMoskow (Post 643310)
I could see a bit of character re-invention that would justify a role for her (even leading) in such a show, but stepping into the old cleavage display act would indeed be a fright fest.

She looks good. Not as good as her prime in the 1980s, but she's held up better than most people her age have. And that was her in the MySpace commercial promoting the MM return, and so she can still pull it off.

Spit 06-22-2010 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclay18 (Post 643340)
She looks good. Not as good as her prime in the 1980s, but she's held up better than most people her age have. And that was her in the MySpace commercial promoting the MM return, and so she can still pull it off.

Thanks for suggesting to check her MySpace. She doesnt just look good she looks great! I'd kill to look that good at 58.

Erick H. 06-22-2010 05:28 AM

I'll give it a go,I'm nostalgic for this sort of thing.

Dobby 06-22-2010 09:27 AM

Hope she can track down something worth while to present. I haven't seen every movie but I have seen just about everything. The presentation will make or break her show. I don't see this lasting at all which is a real shame. Mostly cause she will need to track down movies worth while. By today's high tech standard and attention spans I just don't know.

MrKateB 06-22-2010 01:03 PM

I'll agree with the opinion that she looks great for 58. I don't think there will be any problem at all, and I hope that there isn't too much talk about her age here or anywhere else..I would hate to think that potential new viewers would be turned away because of reading about "how old" she is etc.

Stige 06-22-2010 01:07 PM

NO ONE can fill Cassandra Petersons role as Elvira , either her or no one !!!

I'll buy her stuff / watch her stuff til she is 90 :-)

Slackjaw83 06-22-2010 11:47 PM

I'm reasonably obsessed with Horror Hosts, and see this as a welcome reunion! At the moment, the closest thing i get where I live is "Far Out Cinema", and the BS beatnik routine is SSSSOOOOOOOO lame, it's painful (even though I love 90% of the movies they show).

I'll actually ask around at The Monster Bash this weekend to see if anyone else has heard anything more about it (as at least a half-dozen horror hosts are scheduled to be there)

wago70 06-23-2010 02:56 AM

Great news! I'm glad she's back in that medium (or would that be,rather, BIGGER??????)

eric_angelus 06-23-2010 03:14 AM

Very cool news! I met her twice within the last few years (once in Elvira costume and once in normal Cassandra Peterson mode) and she indeed looks quite good, obviously she is a bit older but I have seen women in their 30s who can't hold a candle to her.
That being said, I always loved her show when I was growing up...it's how I saw New Years Evil, The Blood On Satan's Claw, Tombs of the Blind Dead, and so many other movies for the first time! She is my favorite of the the horror hosts...and it will be great having her back doing what she does best.

Erick H. 06-23-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric_angelus (Post 643434)
That being said, I always loved her show when I was growing up...it's how I saw New Years Evil, The Blood On Satan's Claw, Tombs of the Blind Dead, and so many other movies for the first time!

Me too,my first viewings of all of those was on MOVIE MACABRE.Brings back fun memories of a time when there was something on late night syndicated TV besides infomercials and EXTRA.

chancetx 06-23-2010 12:41 PM

Wow, I'm excited for this! I've seen so many bad horror movies over the years that would have been much more entertaining with Elvira's running commentary. Hope she can find an audience this time around - it's a very different TV/entertainment world today than it was 30 years ago.

I thought I read that Petersen invested all her own money to get the "Haunted Hills" movie finished. Didn't she end up divorced and broke from that?