Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   American Horror Story on FX (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=42978)

zompirejoe 10-07-2011 12:48 AM

American Horror Story on FX

Has anyone checked out this new series on FX ? I really enjoyed it, it's very adult ,creepy ,and just plain weird. Very strange to see this on basic cable as well. Another one i find interesting is Homeland ,which plays after Dexter on Showtime. It's creepy in a different way and has a very paranoid vibe, it's very well done all around. Any thoughts on either of these shows ?

Paff 10-07-2011 01:52 AM

dvr'd ahs. Is it worth watching?

zompirejoe 10-07-2011 02:49 AM

Yeah , I really liked it. Actually I just finished watching it for a second time.

Copyboy 10-07-2011 09:43 AM

Loved this! Loved the use of Bernard Herrmann's music in a couple of scenes. Jessica Lange is so great when she's playing creepy and I really dug all the references to other horror movies.

The only thing I don't get is Dylan McDermott wandering around the house nude or whacking off with the door open when he's got a teenage daughter in the house. OK, so one time he was sleepwalking or under the influence of spirits or something but that's no excuse. Bad parenting skills.

Workshed 10-07-2011 09:54 PM

Have it DVR'd. Gonna try to watch it this weekend. After the Harper Island debacle, I've been itchin' for horror on television.

zompirejoe 10-07-2011 09:57 PM

Bad parenting indeed ! Lots of whacking it and human /leather clad demon intercourse going on while the daughter chats it up with a psychotic kid and cuts herself. Dylan McDermot wanders around in the buck way too much .

Copyboy 10-08-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zompirejoe (Post 690091)
Dylan McDermot wanders around in the buck way too much .

Hey, if I look that good at 50, I'll walk around the neighborhood buck naked!:banana:

Erick H. 10-08-2011 06:51 AM

I liked the pilot,odd but creepy.Noticed they used a lot of Bernard Herrman music in it (TWISTED NERVE,VERTIGO etc.),never a bad thing.Jessica Lange was really good in it,nice to see her onscreen again.She looks to be getting some of the "strange older lady"
parts that Bette Davis and Joan Crawford used to get,gentile but nuts . I'll tune in to the second show.

Paff 10-09-2011 08:36 AM

yeah, definitely good, especially for basic cable. I'll be watching more.

killit 10-09-2011 08:44 AM

good and dylan looks damn good for 50. keep up the weirdness AHS

Gore Lunatic 10-09-2011 09:00 AM

After reading these posts I'm gonna have to check this show out now. It sounds like it's right up my alley. Thanks for the heads up :).

Shannafey 10-09-2011 01:52 PM

I liked it enough. Like the look and feel. It has me interested, but it has a Twin Peaks kind of vibe. I hope it just doesn't wander into weirdness and doesn't go anywhere with the story. Hope they thought it through. I'm watching it for now. There aren't any other really good new shows. I am looking forward to checking out Once Upon a Time and Grimm when they start.

CPT HOOK 10-10-2011 12:27 AM

TainT

I'm scared. :nervous:

Richard Anthony 10-14-2011 02:50 AM

I like it too! It is very strange, interesting, and creepy! It has my interest and I also enjoyed seeing Jessica Lange as the Creepy Woman next door and Connie Britton is Hot as the Wife!! I wouldn't mind seeing her wandering around in the nude;)

It does have that Twin Peaks vibe to it so far and the House reminds me a bit of The Amityville House too! It is always Great to see more Horror Shows on TV!!

soxfan666 10-14-2011 11:16 PM

I have liked the first 2 episodes very much. It has a great creepy vibe that has been missing form TV for far too long. The music is also great.