Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   50% off all Criterion titles in Barnes & Noble (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44265)

Franco 10-31-2012 05:30 PM

50% off all Criterion titles in Barnes & Noble

@Criterion: "All Criterion Blu-rays and DVDs are 50% off Barnes & Noble, both in-store and online! http://ow.ly/eUPHd"

Mutilated Prey 10-31-2012 05:45 PM

Nice, but you can't get to any titles other than Rosemary's baby and two others. Seems like the search function is messed up.

Franco 10-31-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey (Post 720479)
Nice, but you can't get to any titles other than Rosemary's baby and two others. Seems like the search function is messed up.

Yep, that search bar ain't working :lol:

Suicide 10-31-2012 05:54 PM

Thanks, I got When Horror Came to Shochiku - Eclipse Series 37 for $30. It has these four movies:
- X from Outer Space, The
- Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell
- Living Skeleton, The
- Genocide

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...chiku/25099739

dave13 10-31-2012 05:58 PM

yeah, just saw this. my first thought was "oh shit, not again!" - these sales are always so devastating to my budget.

Mutilated Prey 10-31-2012 06:03 PM

Amazon is actually selling some of these titles for just a few dollars more so it's not that great of a sale. Let's go lower Amazon :lol:

Kolpitz 10-31-2012 06:31 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with their "shopping bag"? Every time I add a new movie, it erases the previous one that I put in there.

CPT HOOK 10-31-2012 06:52 PM

Not to sound like a cheapskate, but I wish they still allowed coupons, or did a B2G1 like they did during the last sale. The closest store is about 3 hours away so I can't try my luck in-store (and there are about 10 stores within about an hour of that area, which makes sense :confused: ).

I would definitely buy Rosemary's Baby at $19.99, but the shipping kills the deal. There's nothing else I want from Criterion at the moment (I've been stocking up over the past several sales).

Katatonia 10-31-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT HOOK (Post 720491)
but I wish they still allowed coupons

I wish they had some decent store coupons right now. All there is right now are a $5 off $50 and $8 Off a DVD/Blu-ray with a selling price of $40 or more.

And they wouldn't be valid on this sale, but B&N really haven't even had any decent online coupons lately.

rhett 10-31-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolpitz (Post 720487)
Is anyone else having trouble with their "shopping bag"? Every time I add a new movie, it erases the previous one that I put in there.

That's the addiction intervention filter kicking in!

No, mine is broken too. I can't search for things either, but I can add more than one to a cart...

Franco 10-31-2012 10:15 PM

You do the search using google "Barnes and Noble (place title here)".

maskull 11-03-2012 04:34 PM

I finally broke down a bought Seven Samurai and Night Of The Hunter on Blu. There were a few others I wanted but just before I saw that this sale was on, I sent out my Christmas list with those other movies on it. Can't risk doubles! :)

btw the shopping bag worked fine for me.

eric_angelus 11-03-2012 05:12 PM

I work at B&N. The search and cart issues on the website are being caused by the issues in the home office in New York due the hurricane. It should be better very soon as we heard yesterday that the bulk of the offices would be open and tech staff would be returning to work. Btw, I managed to get Rosemary's Baby in store for $13. The 50% combined with a member card combined with one of the mystery coupons (worth 30%) that got emailed out the other day. Not a bad deal at all! This is my favorite of all the DVD sales we run, and it always seems to happen right when something I really want comes out.

Katatonia 11-03-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric_angelus (Post 720795)
I work at B&N. The search and cart issues on the website are being caused by the issues in the home office in New York due the hurricane. It should be better very soon as we heard yesterday that the bulk of the offices would be open and tech staff would be returning to work.

I placed a couple of orders (not Criterions) on Halloween with some of the mystery coupons they sent out — got the order completed confirmation page and everything, but never received any confirmation emails and they've still never shown up in my order history. And I never did get any authorization charges on the card I used.

That's the first time I've had something like that happen, and I'm wondering if those orders even went through. It seems quite odd also since I placed another order yesterday, and that showed up right away and everything.

The Joker 11-05-2012 12:55 PM

I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday and they had the Carnival of Souls Criterion. That's the first time I've seen that in a store since I bought it five years ago.