Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD III (UNCUT) On FEARnet On Demand (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44296)

Shawn Francis 11-12-2012 02:12 AM

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD III (UNCUT) On FEARnet On Demand

For those who have FEARnet On Demand in HD, they are running the UNCUT version of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD III in LBX. I just watched the first 12 minutes and compared the footage I just saw to what was cut out according to this article and we have a winner. Shit, I need to record this. I wonder if this means Lionsgate it getting ready to release a blu, or something?

elDomenechHDG 11-12-2012 11:11 AM

Man, I'm ready to chuck that Lionsgate DVD in exchange for an uncut Blu. It's like I have the DVD but I don't really have the movie, know what I mean? Diabolik DVD has a (supposedly) uncut import DVD available but I don't want some shitty foreign transfer on SD - I need a Blu. Shout needs to go after this catalog next.

Shannafey 11-12-2012 01:51 PM

I noticed it on there but didn't know it was uncut. Thanks. With you on the re-buy. I wont re-buy any film now unless it is a Blu.

Mok 11-12-2012 03:25 PM

This movie is fucking awesome. I watched it last friday coincidentally. I'd venture to say it's nearly as good as the original. "If we had left when you wanted to, he never would have made it to level seven." Is one of those lines that can only be defined as horror movie poetry. The movie oozes 90's awesomeness and Mindy Clark is frickin hot. I would totally double-dip to get the uncut version.

Shawn Francis 11-12-2012 03:44 PM

FEARnet wasn't too bad with this airing. They only interrupted it once with a ten second break and flashed their banner twice. Jesus, I forgot how gory this one was, and how tragic. I forgot they both burn together at the end.

This happened earlier in the year with another Lionsgate title, WAXWORK. They finally showed that one on their HD On Demand channel. But so far no upgrade has appeared on that one either.

baggio 11-12-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Francis (Post 721448)
For those who have FEARnet On Demand in HD, they are running the UNCUT version of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD III in LBX. I just watched the first 12 minutes and compared the footage I just saw to what was cut out according to this article and we have a winner. Shit, I need to record this. I wonder if this means Lionsgate it getting ready to release a blu, or something?

In that link, while it shows comparisons from Rated R to Unrated. It's has strange explanations. How can they say for example, "The body with the mutilated head drops on the ground of the van. The Unrated Version contains a close-up whereas the R-Rated contains a distance shot. no difference"

no difference? I would say that is a difference.

CPT HOOK 11-12-2012 09:51 PM

^ "No difference" refers to the time difference. The shots are different, but the time elapsed is the same.

baggio 11-12-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT HOOK (Post 721516)
^ "No difference" refers to the time difference. The shots are different, but the time elapsed is the same.

Oh ok, that answers that. Now I get it. Thanks CPT HOOK