Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   High Definition (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Andrzej Zulawski's POSSESSION coming to UK Blu-ray from Second Sight Films (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44309)

MorallySound 11-16-2012 09:59 PM

Andrzej Zulawski's POSSESSION coming to UK Blu-ray from Second Sight Films

Via Second Sight Film's Facebook:

http://imageshack.us/a/img641/8449/s...21116at358.png

Quote:

IN THE WORKS.... we are excited to announce that we are starting work on a Blu-ray release of Andrzej Zulawski's classic POSSESSION. This is a new Director-Approved restoration, and as well as the existing DVD bonus features we are working on a whole host more. We'll announce further details here as they happen.
If this release is anything like their Return of the Living Dead or Basket Case Trilogy Blu-rays it will likely be Blu-ray region free.

bruce h 11-17-2012 12:04 AM

Mondo Vision are supposedly working on one here in the States -- they've done excellent work so far, so this may be a game of waiting to see who has the better extras. (I'm not too concerned about which one gets to market first. I have plenty to watch until then!)

Either way, great news. The film has long been a personal favorite, and it'll be great to see cleaned up in hi-def -- though seeing it recently in a theater with an unsuspecting crowd was really a hoot, too!

dave13 11-17-2012 12:30 AM

never seen this, but i've been looking out for it due just to its status as a video nasty. i'll be down for whichever release is better.

Midnight Buddha 11-18-2012 12:30 AM

Yeah i read this on facebook, have been meaning to pick the dvd up for a while, guess i`ll wait for the blu-ray now.

Kim Bruun 11-18-2012 02:08 PM

I already own the DVD, and quite frankly, this is one of those bleak, dismal movies that I can't really get in to. There is an artistic voice at work, but it's an oddly cold film, and a bit overlong in terms of entertainment value.

msw7 11-18-2012 04:37 PM

Great news! i've been kicking myself for selling my copy of the DVD.

Chomp 11-18-2012 11:22 PM

I have the Second Sight DVD as well...but probably will double dip for a director approved transfer. I will probably ignore the US release unless they can get some ground breaking extras.

The movie itself is phenomenal. Sam Neil's performance is extraordinary. Would love to get an interview with him regarding his role in this film.

Damage 01-27-2013 11:09 PM

Just watched this today and thought it was amazing. Recommended to fans of Lars von Trier's Antichrist, David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch, Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut and David Lynch's Eraserhead. Would love to pick up a blu-ray.

CPT HOOK 01-27-2013 11:18 PM

Good movie, but there's not much replay value in it.

I saw it in HD on TCM a while back, and once was enough for me.

zbinks 04-27-2013 06:34 AM

Andrzej Zulawski's Possession Detailed

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu-ray.com
British distributors Second Sight Films have revealed the supplemental features that will be included on their upcoming Blu-ray release of controversial Polish director Andrzej Zulawski's Possession (1981), starring Isabelle Adjani, Sam Neill, Margit and Carstensen. A preliminary release date, however, is yet to be announced.

A horror film like no other, Possession is an intense, shocking experience that was banned in the UK as a 'video nasty'. With its dark subject matter and high gore quotient, it's not for the faint hearted.

With their marriage in pieces Anna and Mark's tense relationship has become a psychotic descent into screaming matches, violence and self-mutilation. Believing his wife's only lover is the sinister Heinrich, Mark is unaware of the demonic, tentacled cre ature that Anna has hidden away for liaisons in a deserted apartment and will stop at nothing to protect.

Written and directed by Andrzej Żuławski, Possession is a deeply unsettling experience, aided by the horrific special effects of the great Carlo Rambaldi (Deep Red, Close Encounters, Alien). The film, though banned on video, was nominated for a BAFTA and the prestigious Palme d'Or Award and Adjani's astonishing performance earned her Best Actress awards at the Cannes Film Festival and the French Césars.

Special Features:
  • The Other Side of the Wall - The Making of Possession
  • Audio Commentary with co-writer Frederic Tuten, moderated by Daniel Bird
  • Repossessed - The film's UK and US reception, the 'video nasties' furore and the US recut
  • A Divided City The Berlin locations
  • The Sounds of Possession - An exclusive interview with composer Andrzej Korzynski about his working relationship with Andrzej Zulawski
  • Our Friend in the West - An exclusive interview with legendary producer Christian Ferry
  • Basha - A new featurette on Polish artist Barbara 'Basha' Baranowska, who created the famed poster for Possession.
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Andrzej Zulawski Interview

bruce h 07-01-2013 06:07 PM

UK disc reviewed a Blu-Ray.com:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Posses.../60051/#Review

Sounds like a killer release -- makes it a little harder to wait for the Mondo Vision announcement, haha.

msw7 07-02-2013 01:22 AM

Wow - I hope the Mondo Vision release keeps all the special features, otherwise I may have to go for this region B release.

Eddyw78 07-08-2013 07:39 AM

Another review of the UK BD here.

http://film.thedigitalfix.com/conten...ossession.html

joltaddict 07-10-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damage (Post 726252)
Just watched this today and thought it was amazing. Recommended to fans of Lars von Trier's Antichrist, David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch, Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut and David Lynch's Eraserhead. Would love to pick up a blu-ray.

You may be setting people up for disappointment there. :lol:
Its good but not Kubrick, Lynch, Von Trier, Cronenberg good.