Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   High Definition (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Possible other Anchor Bay titles coming to Blu-ray??? (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44312)

fceurich39 11-17-2012 10:31 PM

Possible other Anchor Bay titles coming to Blu-ray???
 
since shout factory got Day of the dead i wonder if they will go for
DEMONS/DEMONS 2 double feature as well as Tenebre,Phenomena and
DAWN OF THE DEAD ultimate edition???

buck135 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fceurich39 (Post 721943)
since shout factory got Day of the dead i wonder if they will go for
DEMONS/DEMONS 2 double feature as well as Tenebre,Phenomena and
DAWN OF THE DEAD ultimate edition???

I sent Shout! a message this morning asking if they acquired the rights to Dawn as well. I hope they did. Their work on the Halloween 2 & 3 blu-rays were spectacular. I would love to have all three versions in glorious 1080p.

Anthropophagus 11-17-2012 10:43 PM

If Shout! releases Dawn of the Dead on Blu-Ray that will be a same day purchase for me for sure.

buck135 11-17-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthropophagus (Post 721945)
If Shout! releases Dawn of the Dead on Blu-Ray that will be a same day purchase for me for sure.

You and me both brother. :)

Katatonia 11-18-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fceurich39 (Post 721943)
since shout factory got Day of the dead i wonder if they will go for DEMONS/DEMONS 2 double feature as well as Tenebre,Phenomena and DAWN OF THE DEAD ultimate edition???


Even if they did announce those, I'm sure they'd find some way to screw 'em up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthropophagus (Post 721945)
If Shout! releases Dawn of the Dead on Blu-Ray that will be a same day purchase for me for sure.

Hell yes, I'd much rather they'd release it!

X-human 11-18-2012 06:13 AM

Reportedly AB lost Dawn, Tenebre and Phenomena. Arrow has also reportedly lost Dawn and Martin. I've held off on the AB Dawn Blu-ray. Hard to decide if I should go for the Arrow releases now.

The rights owners on Dawn were working on a 3D version so maybe they'll be pushing for that now? AB may have walked away from Dawn purely based on that.

dave13 11-18-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-human (Post 721955)
The rights owners on Dawn were working on a 3D version

lame.

zbinks 11-18-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-human (Post 721955)
Reportedly AB lost Dawn, Tenebre and Phenomena. Arrow has also reportedly lost Dawn and Martin. I've held off on the AB Dawn Blu-ray. Hard to decide if I should go for the Arrow releases now.

The rights owners on Dawn were working on a 3D version so maybe they'll be pushing for that now? AB may have walked away from Dawn purely based on that.

I heard rumors about Anchor Bay losing Day, Tenebre and Phenomena, (as well as Demons and Demons 2) but this is the first I'm hearing that they lost Dawn as well.

For what it's worth, Anchor Bay no longer lists Day of the Dead, but still lists the others as being among the horror films in it's catalog that are still available.

P.S. Not sure why the Silent Night, Deadly Night 1 & 2 Combo didn't display on this list, but it was listed elsewhere on the website.

Nailwraps 11-18-2012 08:05 AM

If I may throw my hat in the ring, I have high hopes Anchor Bay picks up Scanners (and maybe The Brood) and that they released a 35th Anniversary Edition of Halloween. I don't know if we'll see Phantasm from them next year but seeing that same year Scream releases the CE of II, Anchor Bay will wanna cash in on that (that's why I think we'll probably see Scanners next year from them for the same reason). I also want them to release more Troma and Fox titles.

ekent 11-18-2012 03:42 PM

The Arrow release of Dawn has some nice extras but if you are after picture quality (and who isn't) go with the Anchor Bay Blu-ray. It has been under $10 for some time now.

buck135 11-18-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-human (Post 721955)
.The rights owners on Dawn were working on a 3D version so maybe they'll be pushing for that now? AB may have walked away from Dawn purely based on that.

Don't forget the sequel too. Lol. I don't think either will see the light of day.

X-human 11-18-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailwraps (Post 721961)
If I may throw my hat in the ring, I have high hopes Anchor Bay picks up Scanners (and maybe The Brood) and that they released a 35th Anniversary Edition of Halloween.

Why are you so hopeful that Anchor Bay obtain and release them? Besides the nostalgia of seeing AB on the cover they're just not the same company anymore. They're simply not going to release it with the care that other companies would.

Rumors are that Criterion has them both as they're always looking for more Cronenberg. Criterion has also publicly expressed on Facebook an interest in releasing Martin.

I'd really like Synapse to release NotLD and Dawn. It may take awhile but I know they'd get them dead right. I bet they've tried to get both but to no avail. We'll see how Scream handles Day.

tropical marsh 11-18-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-human (Post 721989)
Why are you so hopeful that Anchor Bay obtain and release them? Besides the nostalgia of seeing AB on the cover they're just not the same company anymore. They're simply not going to release it with the care that other companies would.

Rumors are that Criterion has them both as they're always looking for more Cronenberg. Criterion has also publicly expressed on Facebook an interest in releasing Martin.

Yeah, I would much rather Criterion release Scanners, as opposed to Anchor cheapass fuckin' Bay. Criterion would do that shit in the righteous manner it deserves, when Anchor Bay would literally shit it out in a brown paper bag and call it a day. Really, I wish Criterion would release more classic horror. As for Anchor Bay--they should probably just hang it up. They're so far removed from their glory days, it's pathetic...

Nailwraps 11-18-2012 07:18 PM

I'll slightly admit, Anchor Bay ain't what it used to be. But look at what they released this year; Battle Royale 1 and 2, Mother's Day (1980), Halloween 4 and 5, The Entity, they even re-releasing the Silent Night, Deadly Night 1 and 2 Double Feature DVD.

In fact, I think their classic title releases (including sub-licensing deals with Fox and Troma this year) have increased from last year.

Scanners seems to be appropriate for Anchor Bay since they have another Avco title Phantasm and both Phantasm and Scanners once belonged to MGM and brought by their director and the producer respectively. If Phantasm was brought by Anchor Bay from Don then the odds of Anchor Bay buying Scanners (and maybe The Brood) from the producer is 50/50.

Now yes, their are other possibilities like Code Red and Synapse since Code Red has Weekend Murders and Synapse has Vampire Circus (2 titles once belonged by MGM) but I'll agree with you that the other possibility will be Criterion but I doubt it since that title doesn't seem up Criterion's alley. Right now, my money's on Anchor Bay (and I think next year since it looks likely and even more so since Scream Factory will release the 2 sequels).

Katatonia 11-18-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-human (Post 721989)
Why are you so hopeful that Anchor Bay obtain and release them? Besides the nostalgia of seeing AB on the cover they're just not the same company anymore. They're simply not going to release it with the care that other companies would.

I'll just say they SUCK now. Besides the occasional solid release, every other two or three releases from them are somehow screwed up.

The days of Anchor Bay being a studio that actually gave a shit are long over. Now they care more for releasing shitty movies like Snowmageddon and Vamps.

They should really just change the company to Starz, because that's what it is. Anchor Bay is pretty much long dead now.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com