Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   High Definition (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Synapse teases DEMONS for 2013 on Blu-ray!!!!! (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44408)

fceurich39 01-04-2013 05:23 PM

Synapse teases DEMONS for 2013 on Blu-ray!!!!!

just teased by Don May on facebook best news in a long time

wago70 01-04-2013 05:41 PM

A movie I never tire of seeing - I'm ready!

"...smash EVERYTHING!!!..."

MorallySound 01-04-2013 05:47 PM

I'll likely just stick to Arrow's Demons/Demons2 Blu-ray steelbook.

Chomp 01-04-2013 05:52 PM

The transfer should be an upgrade. I'll buy it.

satans-sadists 01-04-2013 05:59 PM

Ready to upgrade my dvd. :)

elDomenechHDG 01-04-2013 06:12 PM

I have the Arrow steelbook but would gladly buy a Synapse version. I've been having problems with my region-free LG (sometimes it won't switch regions) so I need something I can easily pop into a player and watch without that hassle. Plus Synapse will probably use a newer master.

X-human 01-04-2013 08:45 PM

Full Post:
Quote:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...13738520_n.jpg
The flu makes you do crazy things... Like tease announcements and such for upcoming Synapse Films titles. Yep. Coming in 2013.
Extras have been in the works for months now (it's been INCREDIBLY difficult to keep this secret).
We will also be correcting the incorrect black levels and the botched day-for-night shots that have plagued other versions. Other things, too. More info as we go along.
Perhaps there will be multiple audio options? Perhaps.
Should be a new transfer. I wonder how this fits in with the "two titles" tease he did late last year? It's probably one of them but I almost wonder if Demons 2 is part and parcel to this or what?

Katatonia 01-04-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorallySound (Post 724310)
I'll likely just stick to Arrow's Demons/Demons2 Blu-ray steelbook.

I have the Steelbook also, but I'll gladly rebuy this. Hopefully the Synapse Blu-ray will offer the Stereo soundtrack intact.

Mutilated Prey 01-04-2013 08:51 PM

Skipped the Arrow release, so I'm ready and waiting.

Paff 01-04-2013 09:02 PM

haha....I still only have Demons (and Demons 2) on Laserdisc! Not sure if I'll repurchase on Blu Ray though. I like these movies more for the great 80s soundtracks.

CPT HOOK 01-04-2013 09:13 PM

I'll probably upgrade Demons.

If Demons 2 comes along, I might just stick with the DVD.

Paff 01-04-2013 09:18 PM

This might be off-topic, but did anyone ever see the ORIGINAL Demons 2 VHS release? I remember it making no sense at all, and I once saw a review of it that said it was so horribly edited for that release that it was unwatchable. I wonder if it really was that bad and different from the versions we currently have, or if I just wasn't used to Eurohorror at the time.

wago70 01-04-2013 10:13 PM

One thing that would be really cools is hearing the soundtrack from the 1986 theatrical USA release with the added music "stingers" in some scenes and the re-dubbing of Nina. I hope they include the USA TV spot, too. That would be a nice addition.

Mutilated Prey 01-04-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 724358)
This might be off-topic, but did anyone ever see the ORIGINAL Demons 2 VHS release? I remember it making no sense at all, and I once saw a review of it that said it was so horribly edited for that release that it was unwatchable. I wonder if it really was that bad and different from the versions we currently have, or if I just wasn't used to Eurohorror at the time.

I'm not sure about different releases, but I thought Demons 2 just kinda stunk in general. Really like Part I, but the sequel, yeesh.

chrismac87 01-04-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 724358)

It certainly wasn't unwatchable, nor was it re-ordered in any way. It was just simply cut, very watered down compared to it's unrated counterpart.

I know specifically the meltdown of the demons in sally's apartment was basically two shots of them bleeding out and that was all, the showdown between Helen and the gremlin demon was shorter as well - you didn't see his head go through the wall. There was also some stuff in the garage, the headshot on the bearded demon, the axe to the side of the neck on the other, a woman walking by Helena (Asia Argento) with her wrist sliced open, and a few other tidbits.

From what I remember the original R-rated cut ran 88 minutes while the uncut runs 91. So picture all of that being gore, that's what's missing.