Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ad time again. Enjoy,, (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44451)

ronnie21 01-16-2013 12:04 AM

Ad time again. Enjoy,,
 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57086731@N05/?saved=1

ronnie21 01-16-2013 12:05 AM

Did anyone notice that fast food tasted better in the 80's??

Paff 01-16-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnie21 (Post 725406)
Did anyone notice that fast food tasted better in the 80's??

Sort of.

One thing is the price. You used to get a fast food meal for 2 bucks. That's burger, fries, and a drink. At that price, if it's anything more than sawdust and dishwater, it tastes pretty damn good. Now a combo at McD's or Wendy's goes 8 or 9 bucks. I'm expecting more quality at that price!

But there's a difference in the way it's made now, too. I worked at a McDonald's in high school. We used to cook the fries in animal fat, now that's "unhealthy" so it's all vegetable oil. We also used to toast the buns and fry the burgers at the same time. I remember, they used to look pretty damn tasty as I was cooking them. Granted, they would then go sit under those hot lamps for a while, I think that certainly degraded the quality. But now, they take the burgers out of those heated trays. Sure, the idea there is it's "made to order", but who knows how long ago those burgers were cooked??

In-N-Out Burger is still top notch though. That stuff is all made fresh, and a Double-Double, fries and a drink is $6 something, pretty good by today's standards.

Oh yeah, nice movie posters and whatever.

Anthropophagus 01-16-2013 12:30 AM

Dobby will be here with a comment about orgasm in 3...2....1....LOL

Anthropophagus 01-16-2013 12:50 AM

Love the ad for the Revenge of the Creature with the 3D glasses on. Classic stuff, cheesy but cool.

Anthropophagus 01-16-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 725407)
Sort of.

One thing is the price. You used to get a fast food meal for 2 bucks. That's burger, fries, and a drink. At that price, if it's anything more than sawdust and dishwater, it tastes pretty damn good. Now a combo at McD's or Wendy's goes 8 or 9 bucks. I'm expecting more quality at that price!

But there's a difference in the way it's made now, too. I worked at a McDonald's in high school. We used to cook the fries in animal fat, now that's "unhealthy" so it's all vegetable oil. We also used to toast the buns and fry the burgers at the same time. I remember, they used to look pretty damn tasty as I was cooking them. Granted, they would then go sit under those hot lamps for a while, I think that certainly degraded the quality. But now, they take the burgers out of those heated trays. Sure, the idea there is it's "made to order", but who knows how long ago those burgers were cooked??

In-N-Out Burger is still top notch though. That stuff is all made fresh, and a Double-Double, fries and a drink is $6 something, pretty good by today's standards.

Oh yeah, nice movie posters and whatever.

Now that I'm close to hitting forty, I tend to avoid fast food and chain restaurants too in favor of locally owned, but must admit Five Guys and Fries make a pretty good burger. I always go for the small though, one patty is good enough for me.

buck135 01-16-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthropophagus (Post 725411)
Now that I'm close to hitting forty, I tend to avoid fast food and chain restaurants too in favor of locally owned, but must admit Five Guys and Fries make a pretty good burger. I always go for the small though, one patty is good enough for me.

Me too. I'm in the same boat as you. I have really been cutting back on fast food, though Subway has been getting quite a bit of my business of late.

Erick H. 01-16-2013 06:14 AM

Great ads.Anyone catch that sneak of AMITYVILLE 2 !

SickNick89 01-16-2013 07:26 AM

I miss Prism.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com