Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   Site Polls (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What Scream Factory release are you anticipating most? (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44513)

rhett 02-08-2013 04:00 PM

What Scream Factory release are you anticipating most?

Taking the torch from semi-dormant retro-relic companies like Anchor Bay, Shriek Show and Blue Underground is Scream Factory, giving horror fans remastered, extras-clad releases to films that sometimes have not even yet been on DVD, let alone Blu-ray. They've got quite the slate coming this year, which one are you most anticipating?

MorallySound 02-08-2013 04:07 PM

As much as The Video Dead isn't a good movie, I gotta go with the Video Dead/TerrorVision double-feature. I love love love TerrorVision!

And I'd probably give The Video Dead another chance when I get around to picking up the disc.

But I am looking forward to Schizoid, Hospital Massacre, and The Incredible Melting Man because I haven't seen any of those three and they appeal to me more than upgrading the more popular titles.

Nailwraps 02-08-2013 04:14 PM

Phantasm II all the way!

Anthropophagus 02-08-2013 04:25 PM

I was tempted to say The Burning as it is one of my favorites from the slasher genre and I parted with my dvd a while back, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again in an improved format.
However, I must go with Lifeforce since I have not seen it and even though it's been panned in many circles, it does seem to have elements of a minor B-movie classic.
I will not be upgrading any titles, as I feel I need to put my money towards more important things, moreover I am pretty satisfied with my The Howling and Vampire Lovers dvds. The only one I'd ever consider upgrading would be The Fog at some point down the road.

crikan 02-08-2013 04:28 PM

How can I choose just one! Oh the humanity! ;)

I'll be the lone vote for HOSPITAL MASSACRE. Althouth, I've been desperately wanting a BD of LIFEFORCE just as long as I've wanted a proper release of HM. I'm excite about THE BURNING as well.

Mutilated Prey 02-08-2013 04:31 PM

The list has so many awesome choices, but how could I not vote for Town that Dreaded Sundown. Never been released on DVD and has truly been worthy for quite some time. We get a Blu taboot! Next would probably be Hospital Massacre and The Burning.

maybrick 02-08-2013 04:38 PM

DEFINITELY The Incredible Melting Man. It has never received a legitimate dvd release in the US other than as a MOD disc from MGM. I love most of the other titles, but this has been long sought after for my collection. I just hope the source print is good enough for blu-ray and that it isn't paired up with something else.

dave13 02-08-2013 04:46 PM

i haven't seen Lifeforce in years, but its the individual release that i'm most excited to pick up. i must say, though, i'm really looking forward to the bulk of releases further down the list that I've never seen (or even heard of in some cases). hopefully we'll be getting some affordable dvd multiple features in there. some of my favorite Roger Corman's Cult Classics releases were the double, triple, and quadruple features

SaviniFan 02-08-2013 05:26 PM

The Fog. With The Nest a close second.

chancetx 02-08-2013 05:29 PM

Interesting that "Hospital Massacre" is currently winning the poll. I'm guessing because it hasn't even been on DVD yet? It's one of those titles I've wanted to see for years but I figured I was the only one. Also looking forward to "Schizoid" and "The Godsend," two I haven't seen since Elvira's Movie Macabre showed them in the 80s.

Darga 02-08-2013 05:40 PM

I went with 'Lifeforce' since it's an old favorite which for some reason I never picked up on DVD, but 'The Town That Dreaded Sundown' is a close tie. I've been curious about that one for years but never seen it.

dickieduvet 02-08-2013 05:53 PM

Easily The Burning, My most wanted Movie on BD since Jaws got a release. Love it. Really interested to see what special features are being lined up :D

foller 02-08-2013 06:39 PM

What a ridiculous poll :)

This line-up is so amazing, how can anyone only pick one? I can't.....I want them all!!!!:eek:

deepred 02-08-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailwraps (Post 727175)
Phantasm II all the way!

Agreed! That disc looks stacked. :D

fceurich39 02-08-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickieduvet (Post 727189)
Easily The Burning, My most wanted Movie on BD since Jaws got a release. Love it. Really interested to see what special features are being lined up :D

same here followed closely by the video dead/terrorvision,town that dreaded sundown,prison