Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Todd and the Book of Pure Evil (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44599)

Marclar 03-08-2013 07:05 PM

Todd and the Book of Pure Evil

It is a fairly new show with 2 full seasons out. I personally found it on Netflix and I think it is absolutely brilliant. I haven't had this much fun in a while.

It takes place in some high school and the story revolves around a group of kids that get themselves into various evil situations. It is highly comic rather than serious and brings the aspects of teenage life out in just the right way. It was like reliving those awesome moments again. The storyline is supurb, the acting is good. I give this one 5 stars. Anybody had a chance to check it out?

CPT HOOK 03-08-2013 08:34 PM

I saw the first season on Netflix. Been meaning to watch season 2, but there's just too much stuff to keep up with.

I really enjoyed it as well. I thought the first couple of episodes were a little clunky and obnoxious, but right around episode 4 or 5 (I think the first good episode was the "Gay Day" one) they started getting better and better.

sade 03-08-2013 09:39 PM

I watched the whole thing on netflix, I found it as a bad version of the series "the reaper", which I enjoyed quite a lot.

Marclar 03-08-2013 10:25 PM

I heard about 'The Reaper' but never checked it out. Something made me hesitate. I will check it out now. And it is true that 'The book of pure evil' develops a little slow in the first few episodes, but gets your attention anyway. I just like the overall style.

bruce h 03-09-2013 12:59 PM

Season 1 is on Amazon for $7:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

I picked it up last month after a friend's recommendation -- my girlfriend and I have really been enjoying it so far. The real rub is that Season 2 is only available in Canada, and is currently sitting around $40! I know I'm going to have to break down and buy it when we run out of episodes to watch...

Steel76 03-09-2013 01:58 PM

Just watched the first episode on Netflix.
It reminds me a lot of the awesome 1986 classic "Trick or Treat, and as a Heavy Metal fan, I really enjoyed the episode :)
Hope the rest of the series holds up.

Katatonia 03-09-2013 03:23 PM

I bought the 1st season about a year ago and enjoyed it. I haven't gotten around to watching the 2nd season yet...kept hoping there'd be a cheap US DVD release.

CPT HOOK 03-09-2013 06:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up, bruce. Even though I can just watch it on Netflix, for $7 I think I might add it to the DVD collection.

sade 03-09-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 729683)
Just watched the first episode on Netflix.
It reminds me a lot of the awesome 1986 classic "Trick or Treat, and as a Heavy Metal fan, I really enjoyed the episode :)
Hope the rest of the series holds up.

I found the use of Trash/Speed/Death metal (Children Of Bodom,..) on the show really lame. For some reason this type of music doesn't fit well as a soundtrack.

And I'm a HUGE metal fan (Death/Black/Trash/...). I did enjoy the SFX/Gore considering the budget.

Bruce H. If I were you I would spend the $8 on netflix and watch the 2nd season b4 spending more.

bruce h 03-09-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sade (Post 729717)
Bruce H. If I were you I would spend the $8 on netflix and watch the 2nd season b4 spending more.

I have Netflix, but don't bother with the streaming. I'm not one to watch stuff on my computer, and I don't have my blu player hooked up to the internet.

I have no problem blind buying season 2, I just don't want to pay $40 for it! I'll try to wait out a price drop.

Marclar 03-18-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce h (Post 729726)
I have Netflix, but don't bother with the streaming. I'm not one to watch stuff on my computer, and I don't have my blu player hooked up to the internet.

I have no problem blind buying season 2, I just don't want to pay $40 for it! I'll try to wait out a price drop.

Netflix Streaming is awesome. As a matter of fact I only have a streaming plan. You don't have to hook up your blueray to the Internet, just about any Internet connected device including gaming consoles will get Netflix to your TV. It is just so much more convenient. You are missing out big time. It is becoming THE standard.

Workshed 03-18-2013 10:45 PM

thanks for the heads-up, added this to my queue. Great that it's available to try via streaming.

bruce h 04-02-2013 03:02 AM

Season 2 finally got announced for US release on 6/25.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

$13.99 is a lot nicer than $33+ for the Canadian import!

Ash28M 04-02-2013 05:18 PM

Hmm I thought I started a thread on this over a year ago but I can't seem to find it now. Anyway I agree, great show.

Workshed 05-05-2013 08:29 PM

Watched the first four episodes of S1 today--so good. This show is very funny and comes from a place of solid horror-comedy and episodic storytelling. Hoping the more "metal" aspects appear again, and the high school burnouts continue to hang around.

Thanks for the heads-up, Marclar!