Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Big Plans for Chucky's 25th Anniversary straight from Don Mancini!!!! (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44658)

Nailwraps 04-01-2013 04:01 PM

Big Plans for Chucky's 25th Anniversary straight from Don Mancini!!!!

EDIT: This was an April Fools Day joke. It's not real.

Last night I had a private chat with Don Mancini of Facebook. We talked about the upcoming Curse Of Chucky and that's when he started to tell me about (awesome) plans for Chucky's 25th anniversary. FYI, he's giving me full permission to tell you the info. So here it is:

-Change of plans for Curse Of Chucky; it will go straight to theaters this August instead!

-Mancini said the ending will bring closure to the series. It's a way of finishing off the original series before going to the remake.

-New 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray of Child's Play in the works from MGM featuring deleted scenes and new bonus features! 20th Anniversary Edition extras will be ported over.

-Child's Play 2 and 3 Blu-rays in the works too. Each will feature an extensive list of extras (Don Mancini is supervising those, as well as the new Child's Play Blu-ray). DVD versions will also be released.

-Also, new soundtracks of Child's Play 2 and 3 in the works from LaLaLand Records

-Bride Of Chucky and Seed Of Chucky (the latter containing both rated and unrated versions) will be released on Blu-ray to coincide with Curse Of Chucky.

-There are plans for a Chucky Con. But that's yet to be decided.

-A Making Of Book of all 6 films will be available in November.

Is this cool or what!? One more thing:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

Hellbilly 04-01-2013 04:11 PM

What?

Azrael55 04-01-2013 04:27 PM

Good one! And I thought putting rubber bands around a sink sprayer so it douses the person was a funny prank.

fceurich39 04-01-2013 05:33 PM

funny thing is someone posted on facebook a few weeks back saying universal is releasing the sequels on blu it was either cliff macmillian or don may

Anthropophagus 04-01-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrael55 (Post 731552)
Good one! And I thought putting rubber bands around a sink sprayer so it douses the person was a funny prank.

Try the saran wrap under the toilet seat gag, hilarity ensues.

Nailwraps 04-01-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fceurich39 (Post 731556)
funny thing is someone posted on facebook a few weeks back saying universal is releasing the sequels on blu it was either cliff macmillian or don may

It was Cliff who said it (and I believe on the Blu-ray.com forums).

Matt89 04-01-2013 06:37 PM

Goddamnit. I just bought the blu-ray of Child's Play last week. Companies need to stop double-dipping on titles that don't really need a re-release.

~Matt

Mutilated Prey 04-01-2013 06:51 PM

:lol:

Azrael55 04-01-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthropophagus (Post 731559)
Try the saran wrap under the toilet seat gag, hilarity ensues.

Nice! Maybe after some Taco Bell or a big milkshake...

Chomp 04-01-2013 07:43 PM

Didn't last year's April Fool's Day forum joke turn out to be real too?...wasn't it about Anchor Bay releasing Mother's Day on Blu Ray? HAha!

Nailwraps 04-01-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomp (Post 731573)
Didn't last year's April Fool's Day forum joke turn out to be real too?...wasn't it about Anchor Bay releasing Mother's Day on Blu Ray? HAha!

I wouldn't be surprised if my latest joke becomes real in the near future! I must have a gift! :lol:

Demoni 04-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomp (Post 731573)

No, not last year at least. It was announced in 2011.

Shlockjock81 04-01-2013 10:39 PM

Jesus Christ I hate this fucking 'holiday'

horror addict 04-02-2013 01:13 AM

This kind of stuff is exactly why I hate April Fool's Day. My hopes were raised, then dashed. :mad:

Matt89 04-02-2013 02:04 AM

I played an April Fool's prank on my roommates today. I'm the one who handles the rent so I told my roommates, "hey guys I'm feeling generous this month. Don't worry about the rent, I've got you guys covered." It was met with tremendous gratitude and they said "Really??? Hey man omg that's so awesome, dude you're the best thank you so much!" to which I replied "APRIL FOOL'S! PAY UP, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

They were pissed.

~Matt