Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Question about House 1 and 2 DVDs (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44665)

Spacetraveler 04-02-2013 10:46 PM

Question about House 1 and 2 DVDs

Does anyone have or seen the Midnight Series release of House and House II The Second Story? Is it different from the 2001 Anchor Bay DVD releases? I have the older releases but not sure whether the midnight series versions have new extras.

Drinkinstein 04-02-2013 10:53 PM

I'm pretty sure both of those image releases were barebones, hold on to your AB copies! I know I did

Nailwraps 04-02-2013 10:54 PM

I checked the back covers for the Image releases and see nothing. My advice, keep the Anchor Bay discs cuz odds are the Image discs are bare-bones.

Spacetraveler 04-02-2013 10:56 PM

Got it. Thank you both for the info.

DVD-fanatic-9 04-03-2013 03:43 AM

Well... have any of the Midnight Series re-releases been different? Say- for Hills Have Eyes? Or Hellbound: Hellraiser II? Or the other dozen films they re-released / copied? Seems to me... no, really, it seems they didn't need to re-release these either.

chancetx 04-03-2013 04:27 AM

I appreciate the re-issues since I missed out on certain titles the first time around. Also, the cover art is superior to many of the original releases.

Nailwraps 04-03-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 (Post 731731)
Well... have any of the Midnight Series re-releases been different? Say- for Hills Have Eyes? Or Hellbound: Hellraiser II? Or the other dozen films they re-released / copied? Seems to me... no, really, it seems they didn't need to re-release these either.

One thing is known, the Image DVD release of Hills Have Eyes does have the commentary as well as a 5.1 DTS mix while the Blu-ray release includes all of the Anchor Bay extras (the same can be said for Re-Animator). All other Midnight Series re-releases contain only the original trailer to the film to having no extras at all.

DVD-fanatic-9 04-03-2013 12:23 PM

Thanks, Nailwraps. You know what, chancetx... that sounds like Anchor Bay's original releases were superior. I'm gonna go with: they didn't really need to be re-released. (Except that I get the Blu-Ray thing.) I really feel like upgrading so I can get a nifty ugly banner on the front cover. I didn't even like that when AB did it to Evil Dead, Phantasm, Tenebre, and Re-Animator (and Phenomena).

evildeadfan123 04-03-2013 12:44 PM

I own the Anchor Bay House set, which includes House 2. I'm most certainly holding onto this set. On amazon.com, it's $32.99.

Buechlers_beard 04-03-2013 02:02 PM

In case anyone decided to bite on the new release of House (I did after stupidly selling my AB ltd Ed), it incorrectly states that it is full screen on the back. It's not. It is in 16x9.

It's me, Billy 04-03-2013 05:49 PM

I LOVE House (1986). It's such a fun movie and even though the Anchor Bay DVD looks nice...I want a Blu-ray release. Sadly, Image doesn't seem interested.