Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   High Definition (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Mario Bava's BLACK SABBATH (1963) and RABID DOGS (1974) from Kino 7/16 (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44744)

bruce h 04-30-2013 10:55 AM

Mario Bava's BLACK SABBATH (1963) and RABID DOGS (1974) from Kino 7/16
 
It looks like Kino's next batch of Bava flicks include his anthology classic BLACK SABBATH (1963) and the previously delayed (twisted) thriller KIDNAPPED (aka RABID DOGS, 1974). Both due July 16th. No word on specs yet.

BLACK SABBATH preorder:
DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
Blu: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
Trailer: http://youtu.be/j8wVU7fSMAU

KIDNAPPED preorder:
DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
Blu: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
Fan trailer: http://youtu.be/sCKt9LoFDBM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MGDTz8FN-g...acksabbath.jpg

russweiss 04-30-2013 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll pick up Black Sabbath but I found Rabid Dogs to be a somewhat boring.

satans-sadists 04-30-2013 11:50 PM

I love Black Sabbath, but am only interested in the A.I.P. version of the film. Karloff dubbed in Italian does not work for me.

Katatonia 05-01-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satans-sadists (Post 734059)
I love Black Sabbath, but am only interested in the A.I.P. version of the film. Karloff dubbed in Italian does not work for me.

Same here. I'll go with the UK Arrow Blu-ray release.

I still have the Rabid Dogs/Kidnapped Blu-ray on pre-order at Amazon from September of last year. It was just long delayed for whatever reason.

bruce h 05-18-2013 01:10 PM

Cover art:

http://dv1.us/p1/755/197755-d1.jpghttp://dv1.us/p1/157/187157-d1.jpg

Risky1975 05-21-2013 11:05 PM

Thought you guy's might want to know.. i got a message from Kino/Lober Directly on FB stating that the Blu Of Black Sabbath will not have the AIP version included only Italian w/Subtitles ..So there you have it Arrow's Version will be the all time Definitive version of this film and imo the only one to buy...If you are not region free this and the hammer films alone should be enough reason to go region free.. best thing i ever did as a movie fan...:joshua:

Katatonia 05-22-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risky1975 (Post 735803)
Thought you guy's might want to know.. i got a message from Kino/Lober Directly on FB stating that the Blu Of Black Sabbath will not have the AIP version included only Italian w/Subtitles ..So there you have it Arrow's Version will be the all time Definitive version of this film and imo the only one to buy...If you are not region free this and the hammer films alone should be enough reason to go region free.. best thing i ever did as a movie fan...:joshua:

I received the Arrow Blu-ray for Black Sabbath the other day. It's amazing in content... I don't know about it being an all time Definitive version, but it's definitely comprehensive. Even the included 40-page Booklet is pretty grand.

deepred 06-21-2013 09:29 PM

I wonder if the Kidnapped blu-ray will include both versions of the film. :confused:

cjg 06-22-2013 10:19 PM

5 Dolls For An August Moon is up for pre-order at Amazon. Sept 3 for $19.99

bruce h 06-24-2013 10:53 AM

Here's links to the FIVE DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON preorder. I thought about starting a new thread, but don't really have a lot to say about it. BAY OF BLOOD preorders should be live soon, too, but I'll update that separate thread.

5 DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON:
DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
Blu: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
5 Dolls Party Clip: http://youtu.be/MjjXnzMBaT8

http://www.mondo-digital.com/fivedolls5.jpg

Katatonia 06-30-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepred (Post 738948)
I wonder if the Kidnapped blu-ray will include both versions of the film. :confused:

Unfortunately no: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...rabid_dogs.htm

And here's comparisons of Black Sabbath to the Arrow Blu-ray release: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...ck_sabbath.htm

^^ I'm surprised that Kino apparently used a different transfer than Arrow did.

deepred 06-30-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katatonia (Post 740387)
Unfortunately no: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...rabid_dogs.htm

And here's comparisons of Black Sabbath to the Arrow Blu-ray release: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...ck_sabbath.htm

^^ I'm surprised that Kino apparently used a different transfer than Arrow did.

Their transfer for Black Sabbath is hideous.
Just canceled my pre-order. :cry:

burieddeep 06-30-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satans-sadists (Post 734059)
I love Black Sabbath, but am only interested in the A.I.P. version of the film. Karloff dubbed in Italian does not work for me.

I just ordered the Arrow blu. Karloff dubbed in Italian doesn't cut it for me either.

satans-sadists 07-01-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burieddeep (Post 740441)
I just ordered the Arrow blu. Karloff dubbed in Italian doesn't cut it for me either.

I bought a region free player earlier this month & the Black Sabbath Arrow release was my first Region B Blu-ray. Watched it last week and well worth the money spent! :)

bruce h 07-01-2013 10:40 AM

Mondo Digital on KIDNAPPED:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/rabiddogs.html

And BLACK SABBATH:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/blacksabbath.html

It sounds like Kino really dropped the ball on both of these!

http://www.mondo-digital.com/rabiddogs2.jpg


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com