Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Frankenstein's Army (2013) (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=44849)

Mikey Horror 06-01-2013 06:48 PM

Frankenstein's Army (2013)

I've been hearing about this movie for years, back when I think it was originally going to be called Worst Case Scenario. It looks like it's finally coming out and holy shit does this looks AMAZING!

Red band trailer:
http://youtu.be/dOF8GiIXtGY

dave13 06-02-2013 01:43 AM

i saw that too, and yes, it looks awesome. i thought this was a completely separate entity from Worst Case Scenario, though...

Mikey Horror 06-02-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave13 (Post 736625)
i saw that too, and yes, it looks awesome. i thought this was a completely separate entity from Worst Case Scenario, though...

It may very well be, I just noticed that a few of the creatures were taken right from the Worst Case Scenario trailer that was released years ago. I just hope the final product is half as good as what that trailer shows.

Cydeous 06-02-2013 03:35 AM

That looks great. According to IMDB the release date is July 26 so I'm looking forward to it.

spawningblue 06-04-2013 01:19 AM

This looks amazing! Been waiting for this to come out for a while now. Hopefully this does well and gets his "Worst Case Scenario" movie financed.

Mok 06-04-2013 02:50 PM

It's cool. I'm gonna see it. But remember the old trailer with the zombies in the sky? Hopefully this will get a sequel.

zbinks 09-10-2013 05:21 AM

Blu-Ray.com review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Franke.../70759/#Review

spawningblue 09-10-2013 07:06 PM

Any Canadians pick this up? Just curious what extras are included on the disc and their length, since it is a different distributor here in Canada.

hots4 09-10-2013 10:48 PM

gotta say this one is so frustrating, the design and effects are awesome, but the film is shit, if the guy could get a good film together and add all his crazy designs then we would be on to a winner, worth seeing for the effects, but just don't expect to much from the move.

The Tall Man 09-11-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hots4 (Post 748454)
gotta say this one is so frustrating, the design and effects are awesome, but the film is shit, if the guy could get a good film together and add all his crazy designs then we would be on to a winner, worth seeing for the effects, but just don't expect to much from the move.

Exactly how I felt. The visual design was awesome, and I was pleasantly surprised by the vast amount of different "super soldiers" and how much effort went into the detail on each one. This diesel punk or whatever it is called looks cool, kind of like that scene in Sucker Punch with the Nazi's running on clockwork and steam, but supercharged.

MisterTwister 09-11-2013 03:09 AM

I thought it was pretty awesome myself. I went to walmart to pick it up but they didn't have it.

X-human 09-12-2013 12:26 AM

How's the "found footage" aspect of it? Is it really film like?

I almost bought it with Ninja III but decided to rent it first. I'm a big fan of everything in the description (well, not so much found footage) but too much can go wrong here.

Katatonia 09-12-2013 01:53 AM

I rented it and thought it was "okay" – but it's not really a film I'd wish to revisit. The overall concept was a good idea, and the film had great design...but the script and execution of it just sucked. At times it was just painfully annoying to watch.

Chomp 09-15-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mok (Post 736808)
But remember the old trailer with the zombies in the sky?

That movie is Iron Sky, which is God-Awful. This is Frankenstein's Army, which is fucking fantastic. I loved this movie. The creature design, as we all know, is absolutely genius and every bit as creepy. Given the budget, I thought everything was absolutely superb,... the practical effects, the setting, the acting... Even the first person aspect was well done, although at times it did make it feel sort of "video-gamey"... though it never got distracting.

Even after seeing the Worst Case Scenario promo, I always thought the creature design was rather "Star Wars-ish" in its creation...after seeing the Making Of documentary...its nice to see my assumptions were correct....apparently the director is a big Star Wars fan.

The only thing I had hoped they'd expand upon is why they were able to make Frankenstein's Army, yet Worst Case Scenario got lost in development hell. That movie must be made.

Man, I think if these guys were given a half decent budget, they could make one of the best modern day horror movies...I kinda wish they would have saved some of these creatures for when they did get a bigger budget...really bring these freaks of nature to their full potential.

zbinks 09-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mok (Post 736808)
But remember the old trailer with the zombies in the sky?

Worst Case Scenario Trailer 2 or Worst Case Scenario Trailer 2 Alternate

and for good measure:

Worst Case Scenario Trailer 1