Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Conjuring (2013) (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45015)

vampyr789 07-09-2013 08:51 AM

The Conjuring (2013)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ing_poster.jpg
Anyone at least kinda excited to see this?
I think it looks pretty decent! Definitely better than Insidious and Sinister (though I did really like those two).

It's supposed to be damn good, has a 92% on RT!

from Wikipedia:
Quote:

Sheri Linden of The Hollywood Reporter said, "With its minimal use of digital effects, its strong, sympathetic performances and ace design work, the pic harks back in themes and methods to The Exorcist and The Amityville Horror, not quite attaining the poignancy and depth of the former but far exceeding the latter in sheer cinematic beauty."

Buechlers_beard 07-09-2013 11:16 AM

Really looking forward to this one. Either a theatre visit or a blind buy!

evildeadfan123 07-09-2013 12:40 PM

Going to see it July 19th. This looks to be a really good Ghost movie. Can't wait.

othervoice1 07-16-2013 05:59 PM

This one looks interesting and early reviews are positive- I think I might go see this Thursday night or Friday morning/afternoon.

zbinks 07-16-2013 06:48 PM

Based on the reviews and what I've been seeing in the previews, this seems like this might wind up being the best of the post-2000 haunting movies. It's also heartening to see that this has been rated "R" for sequences of disturbing violence and terror. I'm pretty excited about it, but it's probably a film I'll ultimately wait to see on Blu-Ray. I don't think I'll be able to convince/trick my wife into going with me, based on her reactions to the various previews.

spawningblue 07-16-2013 10:53 PM

I can't wait for this. Looks great and looks to be a return to the old school haunted house flicks!

Anthropophagus 07-16-2013 10:57 PM

From what I've seen it looks to be really well done.
I'm very eager to see this one too.

russweiss 07-16-2013 11:37 PM

I'll be seeing it this weekend.

_pi_ 07-19-2013 05:24 AM

Loved it. Top notch in every department. Liked the story, the direction (Wan is in full control here), the style of the camerawork, the acting, everything. Really impressive stuff. Made me crave more films about the Warrens.

The audience loved it as well. It got a huge clap at the end. A good time was had by all!

othervoice1 07-19-2013 05:55 AM

I saw this at 8pm today and thought it was great. I wouldn't say it was very original and it definitely has some cliches in it - but the acting is well done and the movie is just solid for what it is. I thought the ending wasn't anything spectacular but I was surprised by how quickly the 1hr and 45 minutes flew by when I watched it - the mark of a movie that kept my interest and I enjoyed. No gore or nudity- just creepy, thrilling with plenty of jump scares. I personally thought this could have been PG-13- but that is not because it wasn't creepy or suspenseful- just not gory, or nudity or a lot of f-bombs that usually constitute an R rating. Overall Id would rate this one 4 outta 5 - really glad I went to see it! <:

cjg 07-19-2013 05:48 PM

Shit I hate those audience reaction previews where do they find those idiots at. Looking forward to seeing it though.

deepred 07-19-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjg (Post 742869)
Shit I hate those audience reaction previews where do they find those idiots at. Looking forward to seeing it though.

Haha, I know --- so cheesy. I am just hoping it's better than Insidious. I thought Insidious started great and then took a serious nosedive once the paranormal investigators showed up. It irritated me on how they undid all the great work up to that point.

I am seeing this next Friday when my bf is in town.

vampyr789 07-19-2013 06:31 PM

It's better than Insidious.

I saw it last night, it was damn good... Probably one of the best horror movies I've seen in the theatre in a while. The acting was top notch, the style/camerawork and cinematography were great. Easily my favorite James Wan movie.

deepred 07-19-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyr789 (Post 742883)
It's better than Insidious.

I saw it last night, it was damn good... Probably one of the best horror movies I've seen in the theatre in a while. The acting was top notch, the style/camerawork and cinematography were great. Easily my favorite James Wan movie.

Glad to hear this. I love Vera too, especially after Bates Motel. :D

thrashard76 07-19-2013 11:51 PM

I'm a fan of Insidious and the like, so this one would be right up my alley - interest wise.