Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   Site Polls (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Who won in Freddy vs. Jason? (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45073)

rhett 07-18-2013 03:08 PM

Who won in Freddy vs. Jason?
 
Alright folks, time to settle this once and for all. Jason and Freddy mounted quite the cinematic battle, and while Jason may have come out with Freddy's head, Freddy got the last laugh. In the 2003 clash of the horror titans, who do you think came out victorious?

Buechlers_beard 07-18-2013 03:19 PM

Voted Freddy. But in the end we (the audience) lost, because the movie was dog dirt.

Mok 07-18-2013 03:20 PM

I say Jason. He was up in Freddy's shit the whole time stealing kills. The last scene clearly shows who won the final fight. There is implication that Freddy still has something up his sleeve, but it doesn't count until it happens. So maybe if they ever do another one (please god!) Freddy may come out on top but until then, round 1 goes to Jason. He wins the battle, maybe not the war though.

deepred 07-18-2013 03:27 PM

It's like a big dog versus a small cat, the dog wins.

dave13 07-18-2013 03:40 PM

I would have voted for New Line. They're the ones who made out like bandits at the expense of gullible moviegoers and whatever small amount of dignity either franchise still had up until that point. goddamn, I remember how disgusted I felt walking out of that theatre. time has certainly healed most of that wound, but the memory of the pain is still very strong. the only comparable memory I have is from Blair Witch 2.

So I vote draw, since the idea of anyone actually "winning" in relation to that film is laughable. and, also, I think that was the intention of the filmmakers - to avoid upsetting either group of fans by not having either icon as the clear loser. its pretty indicative of the quality of the film - promising a massive smackdown but then not delivering on any kind of resolution.

Mok 07-18-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave13 (Post 742646)
I would have voted for New Line. They're the ones who made out like bandits at the expense of gullible moviegoers and whatever small amount of dignity either franchise still had up until that point. goddamn, I remember how disgusted I felt walking out of that theatre. time has certainly healed most of that wound, but the memory of the pain is still very strong. the only comparable memory I have is from Blair Witch 2.

So I vote draw, since the idea of anyone actually "winning" in relation to that film is laughable. and, also, I think that was the intention of the filmmakers - to avoid upsetting either group of fans by not having either icon as the clear loser. its pretty indicative of the quality of the film - promising a massive smackdown but then not delivering on any kind of resolution.

Yeah how dare they follow up the Citizen Kane of Friday the 13th films, Jason X with this drivel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave13 (Post 742646)
time has certainly healed most of that wound

Are you fucking serious?

Mutilated Prey 07-18-2013 03:47 PM

Jason kicked his ass. Chopped off his head and rose from the water depths - I don't care about that wink shit in the end.

dayglo 07-18-2013 03:51 PM

Jason walked away, and that equals the winner in my eyes.

deepred 07-18-2013 04:11 PM

The worst thing about FvJ was Monica Keena imo! She was just awful ... lol.

dave13 07-18-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mok (Post 742650)
Are you fucking serious?

:lol: yeah, more or less. it still makes me angry when I think about it, but I just don't think about it that much any more.

and you're right about Jason X, etc. - a decade removed, and in the context of the rest of the crap that had made up most of the recent entries (New Nightmare excepted) in either series, FvJ just isn't as offensive as it once seemed.

dave13 07-18-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepred (Post 742657)
The worst thing about FvJ was Monica Keena imo! She was just awful ... lol.

wait, what?

http://www.hotwomenmagazine.com/imag...aKeena0042.JPG

deepred 07-18-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave13 (Post 742659)

For a gay man, her slutty body does nothing. :o
I'll take me some Heather Langenkamp though. Some personality goes a long way. ;)

Nailwraps 07-18-2013 04:29 PM

The way I see it, I think it was a draw.

dave13 07-18-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepred (Post 742660)
For a gay man, her slutty body does nothing. :o
I'll take me some Heather Langenkamp though. Some personality goes a long way. ;)

fair enough. as a straight man, her slutty body does all it needs to do. :D

Shlockjock81 07-18-2013 05:05 PM

Heh seen Never Sleep Again? She looks like the wrath of God now.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2012 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com