Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   Reader Reviews (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Thor: The Dark World - non spoiler Review (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45460)

thing 10-31-2013 11:25 PM

Thor: The Dark World - non spoiler Review

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...dark-world.jpg
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Directed by Alan Taylor

6/10

The sequel to the surprise hit is upon us with mixed results. The film itself is well enough made and the Game of Thrones creator has added a bit more weight to the fantasy realms (where a great deal of the film takes place) but I prefer my super hero films to be more earthbound. Tom Hiddleston steals the show once again as Loki, proving himself the best and most consistent character in the marvel cinematic universe. The fantasy stuff whilst far better than the drudge of Lord of the Rings felt like too many things were crammed in and the stuff set in London was quite funny but less weighty. All in all this second chapter in Phase Two of the Avengers films is far better than the goofy first chapter (Iron Man 3) but a far cry from the best chapters of Phase One.

Workshed 11-01-2013 12:56 AM

Hey dude, love the write-ups, would love 'em even more if the text wasn't centered. Keep up the good work!

Christy 11-01-2013 01:55 AM

Great review quick and to the point works for me. I don't care for thousand word reviews my ADD starts to act up.

thing 11-01-2013 03:33 AM

cheerz :)

maybrick 11-01-2013 05:15 AM

Meh. Middleston is the most over rated actor at this point in time. He's alright as Loki, but nothing to have a wet dream over. But then it's been a while since I was in the target age for Tiger Beat.

thing 11-01-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybrick (Post 754013)
Meh. Middleston is the most over rated actor at this point in time. He's alright as Loki, but nothing to have a wet dream over. But then it's been a while since I was in the target age for Tiger Beat.

Nah, you are being silly etc.

Zombie Dude 11-01-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

It's Hiddleston, geese, get it rite :rolleyes:

Honestly I don't see where you are getting that his over rated. People melt over him as Loki but that's it. I don't think I've even seen him in anything else... He definitely steals the show in this film because of his charming nature and cheeky grin. He plays a great character and is definitely a highlight of The Dark World.

There's a great treat for Marvel comic fans in the mid credits sequence so be sure to stay for that!

spawningblue 11-07-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

I agree with this in a sense. Not sure why Loki has such love as I thought he was a weak villain for the first Thor film and especially the Avengers.

dave13 11-10-2013 02:21 PM

my wife and i saw this last night, and after the disappointing mess that Iron Man 3 was, this was a nice return to form. i found myself a little uninterested at the beginning, but it picked itself up by about the 20 minute mark, and was solidly entertaining for the duration. i'm looking forward to the next Captain America movie next year, but the idea of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie sounds pretty silly.
Spoiler:
Especially if the weird mid-credits scene is any indication. The character and the setting all seemed really out of place, like they should have been in a different movie.
I mean, Bradley Cooper as a raccoon? Vin Deisel as a tree? Oh well...I guess time will tell.

russweiss 11-10-2013 02:32 PM

It was entertaining buy my least favorite of the three Thor films.

Myron Breck 11-10-2013 05:32 PM

So, I gather that those of you who didn't like IRON MAN 3 liked the first THOR?

Zombie Dude 11-10-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave13 (Post 754768)
my wife and i saw this last night, and after the disappointing mess that Iron Man 3 was, this was a nice return to form. i found myself a little uninterested at the beginning, but it picked itself up by about the 20 minute mark, and was solidly entertaining for the duration. i'm looking forward to the next Captain America movie next year, but the idea of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie sounds pretty silly.
Spoiler:
Especially if the weird mid-credits scene is any indication. The character and the setting all seemed really out of place, like they should have been in a different movie.
I mean, Bradley Cooper as a raccoon? Vin Deisel as a tree? Oh well...I guess time will tell.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy has the potential of being really special and as big as The Avengers. I hope that it does well because I like the idea of exploring the cosmic side of things.

maybrick 11-10-2013 07:08 PM

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...99827570_n.jpg

thing 11-12-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myron Breck (Post 754787)
So, I gather that those of you who didn't like IRON MAN 3 liked the first THOR?

No idea but I liked Thor and hated Iron Man 3

spawningblue 11-13-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thing (Post 754873)
No idea but I liked Thor and hated Iron Man 3

Same.