Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   High Definition (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Arrow Films Sale! (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45517)

Matt89 12-03-2013 03:59 PM

Arrow Films Sale!
 
So there's a ton of blu-rays on sale on Arrow's site. A lot of stuff bumped down to 7.99 and a bunch of steelbooks for 9.99.

Here's the link: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...tegory&path=66

I've never ordered from their site but when I go to pay it only gives me the option of paying by paypal. Seems strange that I can't just pay with my credit card.

~Matt

elDomenechHDG 12-03-2013 05:16 PM

I finally signed up for an account and grabbed the Foxy Brown steelbook for $22 shipped to New York. Not too bad but for some reason I thought it would be cheaper. Depending on how quickly I receive orders versus Amazon UK I may start buying direct from these guys in the future.

Christy 12-03-2013 06:08 PM

These prices are in sucks our American currency is crap. What starts out as low is like $20+$30 a pop on our end. By the way sorry I said crap but our money is rubbish.

Mutilated Prey 12-03-2013 07:01 PM

I already have everything I want that's Region 0. I wish Deranged was because I'd grab that. Phenomena is probably the only slight possibility, but I'll probably wait for a US release.

elDomenechHDG 12-03-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey (Post 756085)
I already have everything I want that's Region 0. I wish Deranged was because I'd grab that. Phenomena is probably the only slight possibility, but I'll probably wait for a US release.


Can't wait to see what Synapse does with Phenomena - if it looks half as good as Demons I'll be very happy. This is my #1 Argento flick. It's infinitely watchable IMO.

Kim Bruun 12-03-2013 07:31 PM

I snatched up Phenomena and People Under the Stairs... I hadn't caught that Synapse was doing Phenomena, otherwise I might have waited to see if either version was superior.

Matt89 12-03-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy (Post 756078)
These prices are in sucks our American currency is crap. What starts out as low is like $20+$30 a pop on our end. By the way sorry I said crap but our money is rubbish.

The pound has always been significantly higher than the US dollar though. And 7.99 only comes to $13.09 US. Pretty awesome considering these are fully loaded special editions.

~Matt

dave13 12-03-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt89 (Post 756090)
The pound has always been significantly higher than the US dollar though. And 7.99 only comes to $13.09 US. Pretty awesome considering these are fully loaded special editions.

~Matt

yeah, I find the prices on sites like amazon.co.uk to be pretty exceptional. I ordered the 21 (?) film Complete Hammer Box Set from them a few months ago, and with shipping it only came out to around $35. BD's like Mummy's Shroud, The Reptile, Tenebre, or House by the Cemetery were all $15 or less after shipping.

Franco 12-03-2013 08:35 PM

I've been ordering a good quantity of title lately from UK (always verifing it's the best release in Blu-Ray than the american or australian or the japanese) because it's cheaper in the UK, not only the product itself but the shipping charges.

I don't know why Amazon US is charging so much for shipping as well. They used to ship items for much less. Something must've changed there.

Eddyw78 12-03-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco (Post 756103)
I've been ordering a good quantity of title lately from UK (always verifing it's the best release in Blu-Ray than the american or australian or the japanese) because it's cheaper in the UK, not only the product itself but the shipping charges.

I don't know why Amazon US is charging so much for shipping as well. They used to ship items for much less. Something must've changed there.

On the Amazon.co.uk marketplace I can order from American sellers and it only costs me 1.26 shipping to the UK!! Now thats cheap shipping.

CPT HOOK 12-04-2013 02:20 AM

I heard a rumor that there's a loophole for their region locked titles. When the screen comes up that says the disc is the wrong region, press stop and then top menu. It should take you to the disc's main menu.

Can anyone confirm if this works? Specifically on a Sony player if possible (I also have a Pioneer I could hook up). I'm thinking about placing an $80 order and am curious to know before I pull the trigger.

X-human 12-04-2013 03:39 AM

Are they stocking the corrected Zombi 2 discs? Last I heard (quite awhile ago) they weren't.

I'm tempted to buy both the Lifeforce and House of Usher steelbooks but honestly that's just the collector in me speaking as I need neither.

Ash28M 12-04-2013 04:47 AM

Picked up Spider Bay, Deranged and Island of Death and now i'm officially broke.

Matt89 12-04-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT HOOK (Post 756137)
I heard a rumor that there's a loophole for their region locked titles. When the screen comes up that says the disc is the wrong region, press stop and then top menu. It should take you to the disc's main menu.

Can anyone confirm if this works? Specifically on a Sony player if possible (I also have a Pioneer I could hook up). I'm thinking about placing an $80 order and am curious to know before I pull the trigger.

Well I just set my region free player to region A and tried it on their region B-locked disc of The Fury and it doesn't seem to work. You might not want to place that order.

I grabbed Motel Hell, Deranged, Squirm, The Last American Virgin, Time Bandits and Runaway Train.

I can't wait for these. Down to the packaging, booklets and special features they're the closest equivalent to Criterion in terms of cult cinema I believe. As of lately they've been just incredible with their releases. I've bought so many. Last month alone I bought The Fury, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Lifeforce and The Tin Drum. City of the Living Dead was also really cheap on Amazon UK a couple days ago so I added that to an order with Arrow's edition of House By the Cemetery and their upcoming The Long Goodbye. I also have an order pending for their steelbooks of The Beyond and Tenebrae. LOL I need to stop.

~Matt

CPT HOOK 12-04-2013 06:44 AM

^ Thanks for checking Matt.

I did a little more digging and consulted a member from blu-ray.com. The menu trick only works on certain Arrow releases. From what I understand, the trick does work on Spider Baby and Runaway Train. It does not work on Motel Hell, and no go on The Fury via Matt.

Would be curious to know if it works on:
The Last American Virgin
The People Under The Stairs
Deranged
The Car

as those are the titles left in my cart.

I have 4 of their releases (Vamp and Bay Of Blood blu-rays, Slaughter High and Island Of Death DVDs) from back when they were region free. This region locking stuff is a bummer. :(


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2012 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com