Horror Digital Forum

Horror Digital Forum (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If i order Psycho III from amazon, will i still get the slipcase? (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=45533)

ronnie21 12-10-2013 03:25 AM

If i order Psycho III from amazon, will i still get the slipcase?

:)or did they do away with them by now? thanks.. Blu-ray.

Matt89 12-10-2013 03:39 AM

Why don't you email amazon and ask instead of making yet another useless thread. That being said, I still only see copies of Psycho III on store shelves with the slipcase so it would seem more than likely that you'd get one.

~Matt

gobad2003 12-10-2013 04:33 AM

Just don't order from Deepdiscount. I ordered one of the Shout Factory titles and didn't get one :mad: Your best bet is Diabolikdvd I think they all still have there slipcases and if you're not sure just e-mail them there and ask, they usually respond within a day.

crikan 12-10-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobad2003 (Post 756606)
Just don't order from Deepdiscount. I ordered one of the Shout Factory titles and didn't get one :mad: Your best bet is Diabolikdvd I think they all still have there slipcases and if you're not sure just e-mail them there and ask, they usually respond within a day.

I've ordered Shout Factory titles from Deep Discount and ImportCDS and received a slipcase.

If you want a slipcase buy the title within the first month of release.

bigdaddyhorse 12-10-2013 03:50 PM

Can't recall when this came out, but I've ordered stuff from amazon and directly from Shout up to 7 months past release date and have got slip covers with all of them. I'm almost thinking Shout keeps them in print, they certainly stay around far longer than any other studio offerings.*

* Except Dredd, I have yet to see a copy of that without a slip and it's been out just under a year. Figures since I ended up an extra during the 'bad batch of Best Buy bring back blu-rays.'

CPT HOOK 12-10-2013 06:47 PM

Psycho III is a fairly recent release (September), so I would imagine you're safe.

But if you're really that concerned about slipcovers over the movie, your best bet is to buy them when they're released.

gobad2003 12-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crikan (Post 756630)
I've ordered Shout Factory titles from Deep Discount and ImportCDS and received a slipcase.

If you want a slipcase buy the title within the first month of release.

Shout Factory has said that they ship them all out with slipcovers still and they don't remove them the sellers do for some reason. They also stated that starting with their new releases in January they will be shrinkwrapped to prevent this:evil:

bigdaddyhorse 12-10-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobad2003 (Post 756647)
Shout Factory has said that they ship them all out with slipcovers still and they don't remove them the sellers do for some reason. They also stated that starting with their new releases in January they will be shrinkwrapped to prevent this:evil:

That's awesome news, except the only place around here that carries any Shout BD's is Barnes and Noble, who throw out slipcovers (solved) and charge at least full retail, sometimes over. Worst of all, they don't price match either. But if anything ever goes on sale or out of print, it's nice knowing a complete version will be sitting there. No one is ever gonna buy that copy of They Live without the slip for $34.99, esp. when retail is $29.99 and online is $18 and change.:rolleyes:

CPT HOOK 12-10-2013 08:32 PM

^ I think the comment Shout made about shrink-wrapping the slipcovers also mentioned that they will only be doing slipcovers for the first few pressings. Once they're gone, they're gone. I could be wrong though, they posted that a while ago.

crikan 12-10-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT HOOK (Post 756663)
^ I think the comment Shout made about shrink-wrapping the slipcovers also mentioned that they will only be doing slipcovers for the first few pressings. Once they're gone, they're gone. I could be wrong though, they posted that a while ago.

You are correct. That comment came straight from Cliff. Slipcovers on first pressing only.

walkingdude 12-11-2013 02:31 AM

Do they release every title with a slip case? I recently got A Boy and his Dog and that did not have one.

Katatonia 12-11-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingdude (Post 756688)
Do they release every title with a slip case? I recently got A Boy and his Dog and that did not have one.

Nope, a lot of their releases just don't come with them. A Boy and his Dog was one such title that didn't have one included.

Mikey Horror 12-11-2013 03:24 AM

Only the releases labled as collector's editions come with slipcovers.

Katatonia 12-11-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey Horror (Post 756698)
Only the releases labled as collector's editions come with slipcovers.

Not always. A Boy and his Dog is labeled as "Collector's Edition" also, and had no Slipcover.

zbinks 12-11-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingdude (Post 756688)

Scream Factory Collector's Editions get a slipcover. I think they also did a slipcover for Dead Souls and Cockneys vs. Zombies for some reason.

Non-Scream Factory Collector's Editions (or Coleector's Editions as in Captain America's case), like A Boy and His Dog, aren't standardized in the same manner and don't typically get a slipcover.