View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 02:33 AM   #67
_pi_
Peace, bitch

I've been dying to see this ever since Rhett's review a few months back, and it was just what I expected - even better! The dance scenes are utterly fabulous. Compared to another early 80s cheesy dance favorite of mine, Xanadu, Murder Rock easily wins out with its cool coreography. And even though Xanadu has the better score, it's hard not to fall in love with "Streets to Blame". Where is Doreen Chanter these days, I wonder?

Actually, the film itself wasn't nearly as much rubbish as I'd imagined it would be. It's a pretty solid thriller and reminded me quite a bit of The Eyes of Laura Mars. I guess it must have been the au natural cinematography or something. I just kept thinking of Laura Mars all the time. Maybe it's because I just finished watching the second season of Veronica Mars? The mind works in mysterious ways ...

Overall, the music, dancing, cinematography and brisk pace (not to mention the oh-so-Italian conclusion) make this a new cheesy favorite of mine. I'd love to have the poster on my wall!

Baby, there ain't nothing good about this goodbye.
_pi_ is offline   Reply With Quote