View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

I searched for "Little Miss Sunshine" and came up with zilch. Did I somehow miss the discussion?

I saw this for the first time last night and enjoyed it, although the hype led me to believe there would be more.

Some relatively stock indie characters, but the performances really brought the funny. Loved the characters of Duane, Grandpa, Frank, and, of course, Olive. The scene with her at the answering machine was so great.

Just about every scene in the bus was a winner, especially Frank's sarcastic conversation with the dad.

Alan Arkin did a really understated job in a role that could have given another actor excuses to chew scenery ("Always with the goddamn fucking chicken!").

I won't spoil the pageant, except to say that it was very funny and could have been longer. Those little girls were creepy. I cannot believe those things still exist. Beth Grant essentially reprised her role in Donnie Darko, though, which was somewhat disappointing. I'll also say that the ending was a letdown, and the four alternate endings certainly point to a bit of indecision on the writer's end as to how to end this film.

Overall, a fun, dark film.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote