View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #29
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Just watched the Millennium edition, and the only problem I had with the DVD was the extras, or lack of them. From a quick glance, the back shows what looks like a LOT of extras, but in reality there wasn't that much. I thought there would be an hour long documentary with George and the cast, but instead all there was was a quick interview and a radio interview, and then a bunch of stills and notes.

Anyways, am I the only one that thinks this movie needs a sweet 3 disc set, filled with documentaries and deleted scenes (if there are any) and what not. I know George doesn't want much to do with the film, but I'm sure if someone paid him some much deserved cash he'd jump in to do the movie the justice it deserves. And since it's on public domain, would it be such a stretch to see Criterion do a DVD for it?
There's a finite amount of stuff you can have for this movie. Documentaries? What documentaries? They barely had the money to make the movie, let alone a making-of.

I thought the Millenium Edition was pretty comprehensive, with only the exception of the still photos that were on the Elite laserdisc.

You did listen to both audio commentaries, right?

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote