Join Date: Dec 1999
Happy new year, and all that.
Scaled on 1 to 5 stars
, first viewings are underlined, theatrical screenings are in red
* vomit stew
** bad film
*** good film
**** excellent film
***** a grand artistic achievement... the 'anti-vomit stew'
- 1/05 Young Frankenstein, ****
- 1/07 Jaws, *****
- 3/30 The Last Laugh, ****1/2
- 4/03 The Messengers, ***
- 4/07 There Will Be Blood, ****1/2
- 4/16 Beer Wars, ***
- 4/18 The Fountain, ***
- 4/27 Tremors, ***1/2
- 5/06 The Ruins, ***
- 5/10 Kids From Shaolin, ***
- 5/15 Ghost Rider, ***
- 5/18 Shaun of the Dead, ****
- 5/19 Resident Evil, ***
- 5/21 Star Trek, ****
- 5/23 Iron Man, ****
- 5/27 Terminator Salvation, ***1/2
- 5/29 Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, ***1/2
- 5/31 Bubba Ho-tep, ***
- 6/01 Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, ***1/2
- 6/03 Super Troopers, ***
- 6/24 Charade, ****
- 6/25 A Very Long Engagement, ****1/2
- 6/30 Apocalypto, ****
T.V. sets completed in 2009
- 7/01 Another Thin Man, *** Some good bits and a decent plot, but fairly droll compared to the first two movies.
- 7/02 No Country for Old Men, ***1/2 Would have been 4 stars, but... the last half hour? What the fuck??
- 7/05 Treasure of the Sierra Madre, ****1/2
- 7/07 Zodiac, ****
- 7/14 17 Again, *** The things I'll do for my girlfriend. I don't know what's worse; the fact that I'm making public that I saw this, or the fact that I thought it was a decent flick. Okay, granted, it was totally formulaic, but it had me engaged in the plot and also had me laughing quite a bit - hence the props.
- 7/16 V for Vendetta, ***1/2
- 7/17 Meet the Spartans, *** Wrong. Very, very wrong. But too stupid funny to ignore.
- 7/20 Tropic Thunder, ***1/2
Planet of the Apes
'Allo 'Allo, series 1
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"
Movies seen; 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011