View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Okay really, what the fuck is everyone's issue with DiCaprio? Seriously. Have none of you seen his recent films?? His performance was astounding in Revolutionary Road, why he didn't in an Oscar for that film is beyond me. Whatabout The Aviator, The Departed, Blood Diamond, Catch Me If You Can? He was even great in Titanic (another movie so many people tend to bash without backing up their stupid comments). Come to think of it, I can't think of a movie where he actually gave a BAD performance. Sure he was in some bad films (The Beach, Man in the Iron Mask) but there was nothing wrong with his performance, it was the films that were to blame.

People need to get over this idea that DiCaprio was once a "Hollywood Heartthrob". He's clearly come a LONG way since then, and rightfully so. At the moment, he's one of the greatest actors alive today.

Seriously, though...what's everyone's issue with DiCaprio? I don't get it. He's a great actor.

~Matt
I was never a fan of DiCaprio, until Catch Me if You Can. I thought he was all right in a few movies up until then, like Gangs of New York and The Quick and the Dead (two films I love but not because of DiCaprio) but he blew me away in Catch Me if You Can. It was like a switch was flipped for me and I've been a big fan ever since. I've loved every movie he's been in since and he's been excellent in all of them. To this day, I still quote a ton of his lines from The Aviator. I love that film and it's really underrated (most people consider it lesser Scorcese, whilst I consider it one of his best). If he's in a film, I'm there without question at this point. It hasn't hurt that he's been working with some of the best directors working today (Scorcese, Mendes, Zwick, Spielberg). This film, at the very least, looks absolutely GORGEOUS. I have faith in Scorcese / DiCaprio, even if the trailer makes the film look slightly generic. I hope it'll be a case of Scorcese taking horror / thriller tropes and turning them on their head. The only thing I worry about is the ending. I really hope that DiCaprio doesn't end up being "Patient 67."

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Last edited by Kolpitz; 06-21-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote