View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #17
Copyboy
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Seriously, though...what's everyone's issue with DiCaprio? I don't get it. He's a great actor.
The first time I ever saw DiCaprio was in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE? and I wondered how the hell did they get this little retarded boy to behave on set and take direction? Then I saw BASKETBALL DIARIES and was shocked to see that this was no little retarded boy at all! Yes, DiCaprio is a very capable actor. It's his films that aren't always up to par with his ability. I remember how upset people were that he wasn't nominated for TITANIC, but he did what he could with what he was given to work with and there really wasn't a lot in that movie. I mean, come on. You're handcuffed to a sinking ship and you're going to do the I-have-to-piss-like-a-racehorse dance while repeating "oh shit" over and over again? Yeah, we'd all do that, I'm sure. I don't think he ever set out to be a teen idol, which seems evident in his more adult film role choices after ROMEO + JULIET and TITANIC. (I actually loved THE BEACH despite its flaws.) Let's just all be happy that Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise aren't in the cast!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote