View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #73
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelman View Post
And you can't compare the book industry to the DVD industry. Books are not delieverd to your house and digestible in 2 hours.
This is a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelman View Post
It wasn't a slight on the board, I'm just lamenting the state of the biz.

Nothing I said was incorrect
This is not a good point. You specifically stated that people on this board do not talk about "new" DVDs, and that people here weren't buying DVDs. Incorrect. First, define "new" (2009? First-time-on-DVD? New edition?). It's a very loose term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelman
This forum is filled with everything BUT threads about new DVDs, and this is a good example of why. We don't buy anymore...
And I can find plenty of threads about newly released DVDs (Hellbilly himself keeps us up-to-date on the latest in cheese releases), and plenty of discussion in other threads about blind-buying DVDs, asking if anyone has seen these DVDs at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc., what people are buying as part of the DDD sale, what people are looking forward to buying in October 2009, how 2009 is already a better year for DVD releases than 2008, etc.

Although none of these threads seem to be started by you. How about lighting up some discussion about new DVDs with whatever new DVDs you want to talk about?
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.

Last edited by Workshed; 07-23-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote