View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #29
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Now that John Luessenhop is nearly attached to direct Leatherface 3D, casting is currently underway for a June shoot in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Casting under Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D, I'm pretty sure that Lionsgate does NOT own the rights to use that name, therefore we'll be sticking with the Leatherface 3D moniker, as it was announced.

Penned by Debra Sullivan, Adam Marcus and Stephen Susco, with the most recent drafts by Kirsten Elms and Luessenhop, the seventh incarnation is a direct sequel to Tobe Hooper's classic 1974 film that follows the lead character, Heather, who along with her friends, travel to Texas in order to collect an inheritance. The spin? What would you do if you found out your cousin was Leatherface, and he was now YOURS? -As explained to me by an insider.

It should also be noted that whomever lands the lead role of "Heather" will be locked in for multiple sequels, along with the town's "Sheriff Hooper," and his trusty sidekicks "Fransworth" and "Deputy Carl Hartman."

It sounds like they're going with the same old song and dance instead of truly attempting something original. But I am intrigued by the concept of Heather "owning" Leatherface. Hopefully they don't drop that angle and turn it into a horror chase film...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/24498
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote