View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
Mok
HackMaster

Thanks for merging the threads Paff

I watched the pilot episode last night. It's got some interesting ideas, but at the end of the day, for a couple reasons, I say, fuck this show.

For one, last night's freebee was a one-off. They want you to subscribe to a new channel to watch the rest of it. It might sound like sour grapes, but if that's the way it's going to be, this show can go fuck itself. There's too many shows out there. This show better be the Citizen Kane of TV shows if they want me to bother with that.

Another thing, and this is an increasingly annoying trend these days, the show's focus is so divided that half the time you don't know if what your watching has any bearing on the plot or if they are just fucking around to fill out the time. I got annoyed with bullshit like that when watching True Blood. Little sub-plots that serve as distractions more than anything. It's an HBO TV series trend. "Let's have all kinds of random shit going on so that the viewer thinks what they're watching is quirky and edgy! Meanwhile we get away with creative masterbation and pad out a season with barely any meaningful plot advancement." That's how they write for TV these days. Dole out the shit you want to see in small amounts and coat it in meaningless bullshit.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote