View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #36
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWarner View Post
So because he doesn't have a book to base his performance on, he can't make it work? I don't buy that. In fact, I think that may make him even better in the role, since there are a few directions he could go with the character.
Dude...how on Earth did you get that out of what I wrote? The statement I made was in regards to you implying that because Wood played Kevin in Sin City, he has the credence to play a character as sick and vile as Frank Zito. The two are completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
And not all serial killers are like Frank Zito. Many have been charming, unassuming types, and I'm willing to bet the people behind this film are aware of that (hence this casting decision). Frank Zito is the cliche, so I think it would be pretty refreshing to see someone like Wood playing a killer for once.
Haha...Frank Zito is the cliche. Wow. Exactly right...seeing as most slasher movies being made at that time were of overweight Italians living in a slum in the middle of New York City...afraid not. Maniac broke the mold of the masked slasher stalking teenagers in the woods or suburbia and instead brought the ugliness and seediness of the big city streets.

Quote:
If its sole purpose is to disgust, then why the outrage over remaking it?
Read my second post. I have no issues with Maniac being remade. However, I do have an issue with the casting decision. I also have an issue with people downgrading the original. I understand its your opinion, but for Christ's sake give credit where credit is do. Its a great flick, with great performances and is a top tier slasher flick in my book.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote