View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
All the films are brainless.

But... fun? Do you enjoy people trying to rape your head? In this case, for money? Really, I think that kind of thing comes down somewhere in the region of Contempt for your Audience.
The slasher genre in general is an acquired taste, and the backwoods slashers are even a niche further. Even though a lot of people may not like them, they do have an audience.

Regarding the Wrong Turn franchise, nobody is being forced to watch them. I choose to not watch the Twilight or High School Musical movies, but they seem to be doing okay.

They're going on the fifth movie, so I would hope that audiences have decided whether or not they like them by now. Those that do will keep watching, those that don't would have probably stopped a sequel or two ago. If audiences weren't willing to spend money on them, they wouldn't have made it to the fifth movie.

I won't disagree with you that Fox is after money. After all, it is called the movie business. But clearly they're doing something right, or the franchise wouldn't have made it this far.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote