View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
The slasher genre in general is an acquired taste, and the backwoods slashers are even a niche further. Even though a lot of people may not like them, they do have an audience.

Regarding the Wrong Turn franchise, nobody is being forced to watch them. I choose to not watch the Twilight or High School Musical movies, but they seem to be doing okay.

They're going on the fifth movie, so I would hope that audiences have decided whether or not they like them by now. Those that do will keep watching, those that don't would have probably stopped a sequel or two ago. If audiences weren't willing to spend money on them, they wouldn't have made it to the fifth movie.

I won't disagree with you that Fox is after money. After all, it is called the movie business. But clearly they're doing something right, or the franchise wouldn't have made it this far.
One of the best constructive arguments Iīve read in a long time... simple and direct... and it could be used for every movie out there with some adjustments.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote