View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
You know, it's thanks to all this praise from people like you that I saw Humanoids a few months ago.

And do you know what? It was awful. The only thing anyone might have wanted to see the film for was tits. I would have given it some credit for acting if the story had been any good. Or cinematography, since it didn't look bad, but the wretched characters and stupid monsters kept getting in the way of the gorgeous locations. The thing itself might have been a rip-off of Piranha if it weren't for the impregnation shitplot (I mean subplot). I really don't see how they fucked it up so bad after Joe Dante showed them how to do intelligent socio-political horror filmmaking correctly. Except that: who's idea was it to incorporate a parable about racial insensitivity into a movie about fucking RAPE in the first place? Let alone one as one-dimensional, manipulative, and insulting as this one. If the movie weren't aggressively offensive to anyone who isn't white, it would still be offensive to every woman on the planet. And that's saying something since one of the directors was a woman. I have a feeling she was the one who wanted the movie to be about the discrimination plot and the man was the one who filmed all the tits. Wow, how impressive: women used as an upper for a fucking puppet and as cheap props for monsters to play around with like Looney Tunes' Abominable Snowman manhandling Daffy Duck. What a wide world of equal opportunity this film envisioned. Of course, let's take the director at her own word: "Please God, donít let me die and have this be my epitaph."
All I can say to this is watch the 'making of' from the BD, it will explain why everything you hate about this movie is there. The actors literally thought they were making a drama with a different title, producers came in later with gore and tits add-ins the director hates and no one knew what they were seeing when it premiered. Funny story in many ways, very sad story in many other ways, but certainly entertaining an enlightening in all ways.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote