View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #121
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I have a media extender on my TV; I can stream from my computer to that. Or I can burn to disc and pop into my bluray player; it will play the TS as well.
Oh ok. I assume you have a Blu-Ray writable drive on your computer, to get that HD quality on the TV through the Blu-Ray player.

P.S. - Monster's HD was excellent. Sad to see it gone and I still think about it from time to time. Anybody that didn't have this channel has no idea what they missed. For those who didn't know about, it was one of the very first non major channels (like nbc, abc, cbs) in HD. Before HBO, before stuff like that. It was part of the Voom Network.

Horror movies were never seen like this before. There was no Blu-Ray yet. It was around 3 years before the first HD-DVD movie came out. Dare I say, it had the first movie of any genre in HD broadcasted on your home HD TV.

Nothing compares (in it's specific genre) to that channel today. Nothing.

Example: ALL IN HD, UNCUT

Halloween 2008

SLASHERTHON: DAY 1 -Sunday, Oct. 26

JASON VS FREDDY VS MICHAEL VS LEATHERFACE!
THE ORIGINAL MAD MEN STRIKE BACK TO BACK!
See over 48 hours of killer films when the sultans of slaughter kick off the first 24-hours of maniacs & mayhem featuring FREDDY KRUEGER, JASON VOORHEES, MICHAEL MYERS & LEATHERFACE. First, the hockey-masked maniac Jason Voorhees terrorizes teenagers at Camp Crystal Lake in FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3; FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD and JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY. Then, the razor-gloved one Freddy Krueger becomes the ghoul of your dreams in Wes Craven's NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET; NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET PART 3: DREAM WARRIORS; NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET IV: THE DREAM MASTER; NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET V: THE DREAM CHILD and FREDDY'S DEAD: THE FINAL NIGHTMARE. Next, celebrate the 30th anniversary of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN when The Shape, Michael Myers, slices more than a few pumpkins in the original classic from 1978. See more of the undying slasher, The Shape, in HALLOWEEN IV: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS; HALLOWEEN V: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS and HALLOWEEN VI: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS. The splatter fest continues with the chainsaw -weilding cannibal Leatherface in a hellbilly double feature of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2 and LEATHERFACE: THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 3.

SLASHERTHON: DAY 2 - Mon., Oct. 27th

MORE MAD MEN & MANIACS ...
THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A CHAINSAW AT!
Kill some time with Monsters HD as it continues it's 48-hour SLASHERTHON with a motley crew of maniac movies including Tobe Hooper's TOOLBOX MURDERS; MY BLOODY VALENTINE; THE BURNING; DERANGED; MOTEL HELL; ALONE IN THE DARK; SLEEPAWAY CAMP; SLEEPAWAY CAMP 2: UNHAPPY CAMPERS; SLEEPAWAY CAMP 3: TEENAGE WASTELAND and an encore presentation of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2 & LEATHERFACE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 3.

HAMMER HORROR-THON Tues., Oct. 28 - Wed. Oct. 29

48 HOURS OF GREAT BRITISH HORROR FROM
THE STUDIO THAT DRIPPED BLOOD!
Monsters HD celebrates the 50th anniversary of England's Hammer Films with a two-day marathon of their monster classics including: HANDS OF THE RIPPER; ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.; THE MUMMY (1959); THE MUMMY'S SHROUD; COUNTESS DRACULA; THE VAMPIRE LOVERS; TWINS OF EVIL; VAMPIRE CIRCUS; HORROR OF DRACULA; DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE; TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA; DRACULA A.D. 1972; THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA; CAPTAIN KRONOS VAMPIRE SLAYER; CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN; FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN; FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED and FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL.

HELL-O-WEEN: DEVILS NIGHT & DAY
Thursday, Oct. 30th - Friday, Oct. 31st

Demons, witches and the powers of darkness collide in two days of the supernatural & the Satanic on Monsters HD. Dance with the Devil with films like THE UNDEAD (1957); THE DEVIL'S RAIN; WITCHBOARD; CHILDREN OF THE CORN 3: URBAN HARVEST; LORD OF ILLUSIONS; HELLRAISER 5: INFERNO; HELLRAISER 6: HELLSEEKER; THE CONQUEROR WORM; BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW; JEEPERS CREEPERS; PUMPKINHEAD; PUMPKINHEAD 2: BLOOD WINGS; GHOULIES 2; DAMIEN: OMEN 2; THE FINAL CONFLICT: OMEN 3; NIGHT OF THE DEMONS 1, 2 & 3; AMITYVILLE HORROR 2: THE POSSESSION; AMITYVILLE HORROR 3: THE DEMON and THE OMEN LEGACY.

Boys & girls you can now start you drooling! Anybody care to take notice to all the films listed that are not yet on Blu-Ray.

Here's a couple of commercials that played for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8CPM2PLqho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZYoRazBVQ

Last edited by baggio; 08-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote