View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
A friend recently picked up the disc of 2/3 and we popped it in briefly -- I thought it looked fine. What are the "serious issues"?
Mostly color timing issues. I prefer the look of the films as they were always intended theatrically, and how they they were presented on VHS and on DVD.

For starters, from Nightmare 2...

DVD:

Bluray:

DVD:

Bluray:

For some reason, the picture has gone from a blue hue to a red hue. I prefer the original.

Also, based on screencaps from Nightmare 4, and the fact that only a month ago, I saw an actual original 35mm print in a theater, I can confirm that the dark picture depicted on the UK Blu-ray is NOT how the film was presented theatrically. Someone at Warner Bros. fucked up.

To hell with the UK Blu-rays, and to hell with the R1 set if it uses the same faulty transfers.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Last edited by WesReviews; 08-29-2012 at 03:29 PM.
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote