Thread: Sinister (2012)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #18
SEANVALEN
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyr789 View Post
I'm with SeanValen on this, I thought it was one of the best horror films in a while.
It may have some cliched moments, but I was really impressed and surprised.
Blows Insidious out of the water, the mood and atmosphere was tense and creepy from the start, the music was crazy, but really made a huge impact.
Some insane scares and extremely disturbing imagery.

Everyone at least give this a chance, go see it.

A production budget of 3 million I read. Very impressive for that money. It's had a 18 milliion weekend, very good, better then Insidious's box office and one of Ethan Hawks best box office films in a long time, he usually gets badluck with box office performances, and I did like his vampire film daybreakers which deserved more money in the coffers.

I think Sinister will become only a victim of expectations. When someone says it's one of the best horror films in years, they may go in with expectations, but I actually went into Sinister having read a review praising it as one of the best horror film in years, and it didn't set me up for a fall, it's like the dark knight rises, a example where hype meets expectations and everyone is happy.

Although on this forum, we have the biggest contrast of film fans who completely disect the film in different ways to maybe illusion you into thinking the film is not good, or too good. My advice is don't read or take too much of what us guys say in this thread, just WATCH IT, AND IF YOU DO WANNA TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF THIS THREAD, THEN TAKE THIS:
WATCH IT, OR YOU WILL REGRET MISSING THE BEST HORROR FILM THIS DECADE SO FAR, DON'T WAIT FOR THE BLUE RAY/DVD, SUPPORT THIS FILM AND MAKE IT SO BIG, THAT THE SEQUEL GETS COMISSIONED AND MY CONFIDENCE LEVELS AND EGO GETS INCREASED

ARE YOU LISTENING RHETT LEGEND? WATCH IT NOW. THAT IS A ORDER, DON'T WAIT FOR THE SENSATION, ANSWER ME NOW MOTHERFUc k ers.
Fetch my slippers and I'll throw in a pizza.

Last edited by SEANVALEN; 10-14-2012 at 05:59 PM.
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote