View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #34
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
They're also "re-releasing" the original 1 & 2 on DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Night-D...dp/B009IV2Z3M/
About.

FUCKING.

Time!!!

Since they've clearly done such/so much outstanding work in the last 15 years, I feel as most horror fans should that Anchor Bay are one of the greatest things to happen to the genre in the era of DVD. But, I have been nothing short of utterly furious at them for only leaving the previous double feature available/on the market for 3 years before it went OOP. I didn't even know it was out there 'til '05, and it just so happens 2006 was a really hard year for me, financially. I was told around '07-08 that 5 years is the standard amount of time they hold the rights for a movie, about how long they're able to keep a DVD available.

Anyway... as for the remake, I think the original film was good for the first 5 or so minutes, interesting for the next 15 or so. The rest was terrible. But the sequel is incredible. The trailer for the remake makes it look like it's a sequel to the My Bloody Valentine remake. Which sucked. But, I won't lie- I got a laugh just from the sound of McDowall's voice.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote