View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #71
othervoice1
HackMaster

So far I am leaning just going with the Millennium edition dvd. Sounds like the video quality is pretty solid and after upscaling probably not much difference even from the better blu rays out there. The Japan and French blu rays seem like the best of the blu bunch so far but pretty expensive to obtain.

Course I wonder if the 40th anniversary dvd is actually better in picture quality but just not as good extras as the millennium edition? I saw this little quip about it:

"This 40th anniversary edition features a fully restored and re-mastered cut of the film with features overseen by George Romero himself. First, there are two audio commentaries: One featuring Romero, Karl Hardman, Marilyn Eastman, and John Russo. The second features Producer/Actor Russ Streiner (Johnny), Judith O' Dea (Barbra), Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper), and Karl Hinzman (cemetery zombie).

The main attraction of the 40th Anniversary Edition is the brand new, 83-minute documentary that covers the film from beginning to end. The documentary opens in black & white as an SUV drives through a cemetery. The film switches to color as Streiner and O'Dea visit the same grave where they placed a wreath forty years earlier. The documentary features comments from almost all the surviving cast members including Eastman, Hardman (who just passed away recently), Schon, Hinzman, George Kosana (Sheriff McClelland) Bill Cardille (reporter who played himself), and Ella Mae Smith who played a zombie, along with Romero, Russo, and others in the crew."

Anyone own both the millennium and 40th anniversary dvds and know if one is better then the other in picture quality and sound?

Last edited by othervoice1; 11-10-2012 at 04:04 AM.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote