View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
I finally got to put King Kong in last night on my Blu-ray. Pretty awesome to see it so clean and framing so open. It's still pretty grainy so I doubt they scrubbed it much. Plus the Peter Jackson recreated Lost Spider Pit Sequence is really fun to watch. I didn't like the recreation so much a few years ago but last night I've come around and really enjoyed it.

I also happened to watch the The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Revenge of Murray the Mantis" which takes place during The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York. In it a Giant Float of a Mantis becomes possessed by a ghost and so our boys release The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to combat it. They have a Godzilla styled brawl in the park, downtown and everything. Rather fitting and I don't think that's a coincidence.

You can watch the whole thing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIR4M1U9D7Q
I remember that episode of Ghostbusters. I used to have a VHS tape that had that episode as well as one about a ghost and his sled "Rosebud". Great episodes!

Not sure if it was you (UPDATE: Checked and yes it was you), but someone on here was watching bunch of episodes of this show during their October Movie Marathon and it got me craving to relive this show. Luckily Timelife was having a sale so I was able to pick up the complete show for just over a $100 shipped to Canada. Unfortunately they don't come in the cool steelbooks any more (Although I heard they made the discs hard to get out so it's not a complete loss). I've only watched a few episodes so far but I'm really digging it. Definitely one of the better cartoons from my childhood and holds up a lot better then others such as Transformers, He-Man, ect.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 11-28-2012 at 11:23 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote